ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro Video Export Trouble!

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Henry
Premiere Pro Video Export Trouble!
on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:18:27 pm

Hi, I'm sort of new to Premiere Pro CS5.5, I was using FCP before. I am using a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM. Mac OS X v10.6.8. The camera I use is the Panasonic HMC40, which is recording .MTS files.

The problem I'm having is that I am trying to export something from a sequence, and it's simply taking way too long. The edited sequence is only 20 minutes and it takes about 10 hours to export into a quicktime file. I have exported a 40 minute sequence in less than an hour before (same camera, same everything), and I don't understand what is going on here. The only difference is that I'm using graphics generated with AE in this project.

Also, after recording the video, I copied it to my hard drive before importing it into Premiere, as I always do.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Premiere Pro Video Export Trouble!
on Mar 14, 2012 at 1:22:43 pm

What format are you exporting it to?
Are you using the Render files?
Have you tried taking out the AE section to compare the export time (just export a part?)

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

Thomas Henry
on Mar 14, 2012 at 8:56:18 pm

Thanks for replying. I think I may have solved the problem, but not sure. I rendered the work area and then checked the "use previews" box in the export window and it went much faster. I thought it would take the same amount of time and it would just render as it was exporting, but that is not how Premiere works I guess. I did, in fact, try to take out the graphics and it didn't make much difference, if any.

I had left work and exported while I was gone and it took 10 hours to export the 20 minutes, and when I checked the previews box it took under an hour!

Thanks for responding, and let me know if you have any other tips!

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
on Mar 15, 2012 at 12:48:46 am

Premiere Pro works like this:
Nothing rendered? Great - highest quality, original footage, render directly to distribution format.

Oh, you have the Previews?(render files) - a little lower quality, but no calculations necessary.

Where you were likely getting hit was the calculation of the h.264 in Encore...via Adobe Media Encoder....via Premiere Pro via AE. If you just render the AE sections, everything would have gone faster...or used a mezzanine format output from Premiere Pro (although, this would reduce the quality).

Since you're working with those DPX files, you definitely want to make sure the maximum bit depth is retained.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]