ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

copy In & Out from sequence to another sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Wright
copy In & Out from sequence to another sequence
on Jan 30, 2012 at 11:15:01 am

I'm day 3 cutting a feature doc in Premiere Pro. I've been a FCP cutter since day one. In FCP when I watch down a shoot I load all the material into a timeline so I can feel the event as it was shot. I pull selects by either copy and pasting between in and out points into a new selects sequence. In PP I'm having trouble doing this. Am I missing something. Clearly I can left or extract from a timeline between in & outs, but I want to copy into another sequence between in & outs.

Also in FCP I could press the F key with the indicator on a clip in the timeline and the source clip would match frame into the Viewer with the original clip file. I could then in and out this clip. I can not find a compliment in PP. If I double click the clip in the timeline I get that clip in the source window (like FCP). I see that there is a reveal clip in Project which I can then double click. Would love it to be 1 step versus two. Also, when I do this it moves me away from where I've got the project window aligned....

Regardless, so far I'm liking premiere. I was worried at first, but now I'm feeling positive!

Return to posts index

Kevin Monahan
Re: copy In & Out from sequence to another sequence
on Feb 3, 2012 at 1:48:22 am

Press M for matchframe. It's the equivalent of pressing the F key in FCP.

Kevin Monahan
Sr. Content and Community Lead
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Systems, Inc.
Follow Me on Twitter!

Return to posts index

jean simenon
on Feb 22, 2012 at 9:22:47 pm

Exactly what I'm trying to do as well. I have 3 tracks of video and 6 of audio. I have set the in/out points in the sequence, and now I just want to copy this and paste in the another sequence, or even in the same sequence.

I don't want to lift/extract, as I want to put that whole in/out section of the sequence into the clipboard.

Return to posts index

Cognitive Films
on Jun 29, 2012 at 1:09:27 am

I would like to do this as well... Cannot find solution. This was my usual workflow in FCP.

Return to posts index

Kesten Migdal
on Aug 29, 2012 at 8:22:37 am

I've searched for the copy solution to, but to no avail. It used to be ctrl+i and ctrl+o, then you could copy the selection in FCP. Maybe we need to do a feature request.

Return to posts index

Jassin Kadiri
on Aug 15, 2013 at 4:08:20 pm

Though this one´s older, some might still be looking for the solution:
Just drag and drop the whole track from your sequence to your project tab. It´s gonna create a new clip of it, which can be edited just as always.
cheers,
AJ

Return to posts index

Demetris Posnakides
on May 20, 2014 at 11:42:42 am

Drag the hole sequence from project panel to source panel. Now you can set ins and outs and copy them to the timeline

Return to posts index

Dave Boyle
on Sep 24, 2015 at 2:46:29 am

Just stumbled on this. The easiest way is to use control/command+shift+k to cut all tracks at the theoretical in and out points. Then copy the segment. Then undo twice. The undo wont undo the copy but will get rid of the cuts. Now paste to the new sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]