ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Compressed Video is to Large using Media Encoder CS 5

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Imbrenda
Compressed Video is to Large using Media Encoder CS 5
on Nov 30, 2011 at 10:26:22 pm

I have tried many settings when Compressing a Tv Spot to up load to various Tv Stations in Media encoder. We mostly use H.264 Quick time, 1280 x 720, 59.95 fps, quality 100, 48Hz Stereo 16 bit lower first, square pixel Now the end result is 512MB this is on a PC, Why so big? When I use other programs the end result is mush smaller?

Tv One Productions

Return to posts index

Alan Lloyd
Re: Compressed Video is to Large using Media Encoder CS 5
on Dec 1, 2011 at 6:58:03 pm

What bitrate are you encoding at?

Return to posts index

Jeff Greenberg
Re: Compressed Video is to Large using Media Encoder CS 5
on Dec 4, 2011 at 6:13:14 pm

[Philip Imbrenda] "quality 100"

Ah, here's where we have the issue. You should really be using QuickTime as a compression engine; Quality 100 means - blow the file out as big as possible.

If you're working at 720p60? Try using the Adobe Media Encoder preset for an h.264 file with the Vimeo, youtube or Apple TV presets.

The resulting file should be smaller and look decent - you'd merely (later) have to play with nailing down the frame rate and data rates - but those presets will provide you an excellent starting position and a much smaller file.

Best,

Jeff G

Certified Master Trainer | Adobe, Apple, Avid
------------
You should follow me (filmgeek) on twitter. I promise to be nice.
New! FCPX DSLR workflows; What's new in Media Comopser 6; Full Media Composer 6 basics from macProVideo.com
Come see me speak at the Government Video Expo Nov 30 - Dec 1; Seminar link here
My book (with Richard Harrington and Robbie Carman)- An Editor's Guide to Adobe Premiere Pro
Lynda.com - Compressor Essentials 3.5 and 4
Contact me through my Website

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]