ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

external video monitoring

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Scott
external video monitoring
on Jan 4, 2011 at 5:37:33 am

I have a Mac Pro with a Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro card. Though I have searched the manuals for it and Premiere Pro CS5 I can find no way to monitor video on an external monitor from Premiere like I can with After Effects and Final Cut Pro. Is this possible? And if so how do I configure it?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: external video monitoring
on Jan 5, 2011 at 4:52:14 am

Here's the relevant portion of the Premiere Pro documentation, and there are setup instructions for various configurations here, but the details are something that you should be able to get from the BlackMagic documentation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:16:23 pm

Thanks Todd. I have tried doing exactly as the Blackmagic documentation specifies (which is rather lacking) with no success. For some reason I do not have an option in Premiere to select a Blackmagic output source though the Blackmagic presets are installed. I have written to Blackmagic for help.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:58:06 pm

Hi Jim,

I haven't used the Intensity, but did recently try the Decklink HD Extreme, and BlackMagic supplies a little utility where you actually set up the inputs and outputs outside of Premiere, maybe Intensity is the same and you need to run that to correctly route the output format and connection to your display?

Don't remember the name of program, but look in Programs > BlackMagic and see what you find

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
on Jan 6, 2011 at 12:20:33 am

Thanks Jeff, I'll look into that.

Return to posts index

Jim Scott
Found the problem - operator error
on Jan 6, 2011 at 12:29:17 am

In setting up a new project I had neglected to properly select a Blackmagic preset. Once I did that I got external video preview just fine.

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jon Shearburn
on Jan 5, 2012 at 8:29:30 pm

I hate to be that guy, but can someone walk me through this? The Adobe and Blackmagic documentation is useless. I've been trying every project/sequence/codec cocktail I can think of and I CANNOT get video to my external monitor and the director and client are getting very upset with me.

I'm running a Mac Pro with OS 10.6.8 and Premiere CS5

http://www.jonnyres.net

Return to posts index

Dane Cannon
on Sep 11, 2012 at 9:27:52 pm

You have to make a new sequence and choose to use a Matrox sequence preset (if you're using Matrox gear, Blackmagic if you're using BM etc.). Also, be sure to check the video card developer's website to make sure that the driver is up to date and the software version you're running is supported by the installed driver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]