ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Sharing CS5 Premiere files between mac and pc

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Shirey
Sharing CS5 Premiere files between mac and pc
on Sep 13, 2010 at 9:26:33 pm

Maybe I used the wrong search terms but I couldn't find an answer to what I'm sure is a really simple question. We're looking to migrate from FCP to Premiere CS5 on both mac and pc, and just want to make absolute sure that the project files can seamlessly move between OSX and Win7 just like Photoshop files always have.

We've had our macs able to read/write to NTFS drives for a while and we can always buy a program to let the PC's read HFS+, but I'm just concerned about the actual Premiere project files. Thanks for any info!

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Sharing CS5 Premiere files between mac and pc
on Sep 13, 2010 at 10:11:22 pm

There are a few caveats listed here, but moving between operating systems works in general.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
Technical Support for professional video software
After Effects Help & Support
Premiere Pro Help & Support
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Russell Smith
Re: Sharing CS5 Premiere files between mac and pc
on Feb 7, 2015 at 11:06:41 pm

I must be doing something wrong. I've got CS6 on both a Mac Air and a Windows 8.1 laptop. The drive is formatted for Mac and I'm using MacDrive on the PC to read it. No issues there. I also set the Media Cache settings so that they refer to the drive as opposed to something specific to either machine.
What I get when I try to open the project that I created on the PC on the Mac is a message saying "The project contains a sequence that cannot be opened. No sequence preview preset or codec could be associated with this sequence type."
The project is just a sequence created from an MTS camera file and a Title.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
podcasts
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]