ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Video freezes on playback in Premiere Pro CC 2014 with Mavericks/Black Magic

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brett ErinaVideo freezes on playback in Premiere Pro CC 2014 with Mavericks/Black Magic
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 4:38:18 pm

Hey guys,

Having trouble with Premiere Pro CC 2014. I'm using a Mavericks OS with Blackmagic Desktop Video 10.1.1.
My source footage has all been converted to 1920x1080, ProRes 422, 23.98 fps.

When playing video in my sequence, it will randomly freeze but the audio will continue to play forcing me to restart the project or restart my computer for it to work again.
My sequence settings have been matched to the source footage.

My video and audio output is set to Blackmagic Design. It's been set to playing back video that ranges from 23.98 fps - 59.98 fps.

I'm not really sure what else I'm doing wrong here or if its just a Mavericks/Blackmagic/Premiere compatibility problem.

Anyone?

-Brett

Return to posts index

Todd PerchertRe: Video freezes on playback in Premiere Pro CC 2014 with Mavericks/Black Magic
by on Dec 18, 2014 at 11:22:26 pm

Do you have anything conforming when you try to play and it does that? Look for a progress bar on the lower right corner of your sequence timeline. Also, I would go ahead and clean your media cache database if you haven't done that recently.
TC

Return to posts index

eddie moffettRe: Video freezes on playback in Premiere Pro CC 2014 with Mavericks/Black Magic
by on Dec 10, 2015 at 9:45:29 pm

I'm having the same problem on two separate macs. -Both are more than capable machines. Were you ever able to fix the problem?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]