ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Strange new aspect problem after rendering video.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Georgina Lord
Strange new aspect problem after rendering video.
on Apr 30, 2010 at 12:19:34 am

I've upgraded (finally) to Windows 7 x64 and also a new video card, which is a Quadro FX 3800.

I'm running Premier Pro CS4 and I'm encountering a very strange problem. If I import video into the timeline and view it on the program monitor BEFORE I render the video, it plays and looks fine.

Here's before rendering image taken directly from the program monitor window:

However, once the video is rendered, it looks like this:

It appears to be squashed vertically, and stretched horizontally.

I am unable to find a way to correct the video. I've ensured I have all the updates installed, and my graphics driver is bang up-to-date also.

Has anyone encountered this before?

Return to posts index

Jeff Pulera
Re: Strange new aspect problem after rendering video.
on Apr 30, 2010 at 3:32:31 pm

Hi Georgina,

Some additional information is needed before anyone can help you.

What project preset did you use?

What are the parameters of the source footage (format, frame rate, compression)?

What are the export settings?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Santanu Bhattacharjee
on May 3, 2010 at 6:54:44 pm

I faced this problem, once when my footage had mixed aspect data. My color bars were in 4:3 while my footage was 16:9. PP CS4 takes cue from the first few frames of the video and decides the aspect for the entire footage.

Check if all the source footage is of the same aspect.

http://www.santanu.biz

Return to posts index

Joshua Badger
on Jun 25, 2010 at 9:21:44 am

I'm experiencing this problem as well. Running in a AVCHD 720P 24fps preset timeline using only AVCHD footage. I didn't have this problem on my previous computer; I just upgraded my machine and was looking to finish a project.

Return to posts index

Rosie Miles
on Oct 1, 2010 at 2:23:51 pm

Hi there. I'm having the same problem on my computer. I don't suppose you found a solution? I was wondering if maybe I lost a codec when I upgraded to Windows 7 or something?

Return to posts index

Paul Knowles
on Nov 17, 2010 at 12:18:22 am

Hello there. I've been all over the internet for days wow looking foranyone with similar issies. My main problem was knowing what to call the problem.

Anyway I'm having the exact same problem and it has happened before about a year ago and i managed to find a solution, but alas, i don't remember it nor can i find it again.

Dell Studio 540 quad core, 4 gig ram
Premiere Pro CS4
7D video transcoded to Avi using Neoscene(1920x1080, 16.9, 23.976fps square pixels)

Project settings
Desktop, 1920x1080P, 23.976fps, square pixels

after i render anything the program monitor shows the clip in bottom right and severly compressed aspect.

Any new info?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Rosie Miles
on Nov 17, 2010 at 8:52:58 am

Hi there,

I also made a post about this but am still waiting on a response!

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/205/873369

I didn't ever figure out quite why this was happening because, as far as I know, I did everything right. In the end I used one of the presets as it seemed that it was using 'desktop' that was the problem. I'm not sure if I was getting a crucial piece of information wrong when using the desktop setting as I've used it without any problems many times in the past but I know it was fine once I used a preset.

Sorry I can't help any more. I hope you find the solution!

Rosie

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Nov 17, 2010 at 11:34:46 am

Initially, any of the forum leaders would be hesitant to supply answers to thread where a rip of a commercial product is the subject.
fyi

Although some would disagree with this, my process is to create a project with settings that match my desired output.
If any effects are used in the timelines, it might be worth pre-rendering to see if there will be any issues with a final render.
In final render, change 'Recompress: Maintain Data Rate' to 'Recompress: Always'.

Most of the time, I use 'Desktop' projects, as I usually work on projects that don't conform to 'standard' film or tv production formats.

Vince

*Please remember to Rate our replies or check Solution if solved. If you get a good idea from the post, consider clicking the Kudos option.

Return to posts index

Chris Peterson
on Nov 18, 2010 at 5:37:58 pm

I had this same issue but finally found a fix through experimenting. In the sequence settings I changed the video preview codec to Microsoft Video 1 and it fixed the problem. For some reason the DV(24p Advanced) codec was the issue.

Return to posts index

Vladimir Kuharik
on Feb 26, 2014 at 10:30:30 am

Yes Yes Yes, that's it, thanks =o)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]