ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe Media Encoder won't...um, encode...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Naveen Mallikarjuna
Adobe Media Encoder won't...um, encode...
on Jul 14, 2009 at 2:39:11 pm

So I'm running Premiere CS4 on an Intel Mac, OS X 10.5.7. CS4 is updated as of today, running 4.1.

When I try to export from Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder launches (why all exports have to go through this app I don't know). It then sits on "Loading xxxx.prproj" for the longest time before giving me the alert that it couldn't export.

I repaired my disk permissions via the Apple Disk Utility but this had no effect.

Are there any other remedies I can try? As of now, Premiere Pro is unusable. What use is it if I can't even export a project to a .mov or .avi?

Naveen

Return to posts index

Peter Berthet
Re: Adobe Media Encoder won't...um, encode...
on Jul 17, 2009 at 2:16:03 am

sounds like there may be a problem loading your project file into AME, it may be corrupt.

try and open the project in premiere and save it as a backup project FIRST (make sure to name it something different because your about to become destructive!),
then delete any additional timelines and media that are unnecessary to the export (remove unused media)

once that is done make sure that the timeline you want to export is unharmed by the project trim, assuming everything is good. save the project and then try and export the timeline again

there are cases where large projects have problems loading in premiere and AME, by cleaning up your project and removing unused media it makes the project file smaller and less complex, thus lessening the chance that AME will take issue with it

hopefully that will give you some joy

~Peter Berthet
Sydney, Australia

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]