ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Problem with sound in source window

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marten Kopp
Problem with sound in source window
on Jul 1, 2009 at 11:09:35 am

Hi,

I got a problem whitch is very anoying. Last weekend we shot some footage on a xdcam. My friend transfered it to a mac on witch he got a bunch of mov's out of it. I need to edit it in Premiere Pro CS3. But the thing is, when I put them on the timeline, they got 2 audio channels. Track 1 witch is empty and track 2 witch has sound.
In the timeline they all sound well, but when I want to edit them in source view, they play track 1 (witch has no sound). And I need to switch them to track 2. But I got over 190 clips so is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Marten Kopp
Re: Problem with sound in source window
on Jul 1, 2009 at 12:37:51 pm

All right, things are getting more clear for me. I tried the "source channel mapping" settings. I selected all clips and inverted channel 1 and 2. So now channel 1 is playing track 2 and channel 2 is playing track 1. But in the source monitor I still need to put the audio from track 1 (which has audio) to track 2 (which doesnt has audio) and back to track 1 to actually hear something.

This doesnt make any scense. Please help me out on this one!

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jul 3, 2009 at 7:14:55 pm

When you say 2-channel do you mean stereo?
Premiere indicates what type of audio is contained in a track by the icons on the left of the track, one speaker if mono, two if stereo. You would also be able to see two channels in the track.
Generally, Premiere will place audio on an unexpected track if the audio doesn't match the project's settings. If it's a stereo project, and only has stereo tracks, when you drop a mono clip into the timeline it will add a new mono track.

Vince

Return to posts index

Marten Kopp
on Jul 4, 2009 at 12:00:28 am

Sorry, it's mono. My friend got this footage of his xdcam and did "log and transfer" in FCP. And the result of that is a quicktime movie witch seems to have 2 monologe audio channels.

My biggest issue at the moment is that when I set the source channel mapping settings to ignore channel one, I actually see the waveform on the the source monitor. But PP just refuses to play it. In the bin preview its possible to hear it. But not in source. And thats actually quite difficult when you need 191 clips to be eddited on their sound.

Sorry for my bad english.

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
on Jul 4, 2009 at 2:03:22 am

I don't know much about XDCAM. I understand it is capable of recording with a number of different codecs, which complicates the issue.
Check your Project/General settings to ensure that it is set to allow audio playback on your desktop.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]