ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Lost Source File....Need Help Syncing

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Frame
Lost Source File....Need Help Syncing
on Jun 13, 2009 at 12:57:52 am

Hello folks,
I think I am screwed but I thought I would try to get some help on this one. I am using the older Premiere 7 (Prem Pro 1.0) and spent hours editing my latest project. I was needing to clear disk space before I exported and went on a delete frenzy on my hard drive and stupidly erased the source file avi. Attempts to retrieve it using shadowexplorer have been fruitless so I have tried to emulate the exact settings of the original source file and created a `new` version of it, even naming it the same as the original. Premiere does accept the new source file but after re-rendering, the red `media offline` graphic remains in the program window. There is no audio or video playback, just the miserable `media offline` graphic. Is there anything I can do to get Premiere to accept the new source file as the original and subsequently restore my project to it`s fully edited existence? Thanks in advance,
Matthew

Return to posts index

Vincent Rosati
Re: Lost Source File....Need Help Syncing
on Jun 13, 2009 at 4:39:43 am

I could be mistaken, but I don't believe there is a way to trick premiere into reading another file as the source file.. sorry. I'm pretty sure I've tried this in the past.

Vince

Return to posts index

Matt Frame
Re: Lost Source File....Need Help Syncing
on Jun 13, 2009 at 6:31:27 am

Vince, I tried multiple things and nothing seemed to work and then suddenly.....it worked. I don't know how or why but I don't care. It worked. Thanks for the suggestions.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]