ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

FCP XML sequence will not open in Premiere

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe BagsFCP XML sequence will not open in Premiere
by on Jun 6, 2016 at 9:44:10 pm

Im taking an old show edited on FCP7 to edit on Premiere.

We've got almost all the sequences to convert over to Premiere, however, one sequence won't convert over at all. It just shows an error.

Has anybody had the problem where a FCP XML would not open at all in Premiere? What was the remedy?

Its strange because all the sequences except for this one seems to convert over.

Return to posts index

Andy EdwardsRe: FCP XML sequence will not open in Premiere
by on Jun 6, 2016 at 10:07:57 pm

Does the error show up in the text file that you can see what the error is? Try another export of just the sequence you need as a single Xml or try round tripping the XML through Davinci Resolve.

Andy Edwards

Return to posts index

Joe BagsRe: FCP XML sequence will not open in Premiere
by on Jun 7, 2016 at 1:20:19 am

Thanks Andy. I tried it though Davinci and it still didn't work round trip. I've also looked at the error report and for most of the clips it simply says "not translated."

Return to posts index

by on Jun 7, 2016 at 1:43:41 am

UPDATE:

I tried a Video-only XML sequence and it worked!

However, none of the sound translated over. I tried a sound-only sequence and none of the sound clips showed up.

Return to posts index

Robert WithersRe: FCP XML sequence will not open in Premiere
by on Jun 7, 2016 at 5:19:48 pm

I only converted one program from FCP7 to Premiere CC (2013) and it showed up but with a lot of glitches and rearranged clips.
I tried converting each half of the 40 minute sequence separately and stitched them back together in Pr, which worked fine.
However, the dual mono stereo tracks from FCP converted to dual mono in Pr. There's apparently no way to get them into Pr stereo tracks once they are in an edited sequence.

Robert Withers

Independent/personal/avant-garde cinema, New York City

Return to posts index

by on Jun 7, 2016 at 6:23:34 pm

Interesting. I tried the half and half method, but it still gave me a sequence that where the video didn't sync with the original (time code massively off)

I had to match the first and last frames in the new sequence, to each video block in the FCP sequence.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]