ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Phantom Noise in Multi-Sequence Edit

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason BelackPhantom Noise in Multi-Sequence Edit
by on Jun 5, 2016 at 2:58:15 pm

So, a little background

I'm a longtime FCP 7 user, and have played around with FCPX and DaVinci Resolve, but I'm pretty new to Premiere Pro. I'm currently working on cutting a short film, and I'm running into an issue with a strange audio glitch in multi-sequence edit. I'm editing on a 2013 21.5" iMac (i5, 8gb, iris pro)

This is the sequence by itself.

No audio in the sequence aside from the last 2 seconds ( I haven't started foley yet).

Now, here's the same sequence, as part of the multi-sequence edit (the master sequence for the film)

I have no idea what's causing this. I've tried re-saving the sequence and the project, closing premiere and re-opening, even deleting the main sequence and re-assembling the cut... noise is still there.

Return to posts index

Alan LloydRe: Phantom Noise in Multi-Sequence Edit
by on Jun 5, 2016 at 4:16:49 pm

If you play the clip in isolation, is that audio there?

Return to posts index

Jason BelackRe: Phantom Noise in Multi-Sequence Edit
by on Jun 12, 2016 at 4:12:09 am

First off, sorry for being so late on replies. I've been involved in a theatrical produciton, which has pretty much consumed my life for three straight weeks.

The clip, if played in isolation, doesn't seem to exhibit the same phantom noise. It only shows up when the sequence itself is added to my master sequence (so it's there if I disable every other sequence in the timeline).

Also, there's another clip that does the same thing, in the same sequence; I'm wondering if it could be a problem with the master sequence?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]