ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Adobe apps will not launch on one system

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon DoughtieAdobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 3, 2016 at 8:41:40 pm

This applies to all Adobe apps, but thought I would post here in a busy forum.

None of our Adobe apps will launch. The icon will highlight as normal, then return to original state. Never see a splash screen or anything. We're running CC2014 (corporate controlled; we only update when they say so.)

Obviously we can simply uninstall and reinstall. But I wanted to see if anyone had any feedback or thoughts about this oddball behavior.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 4, 2016 at 12:15:30 am

I bet they have to activate it in Baltimore. They had to do it when Adobe stuff got loaded on my machine. Talk to the chief engineer.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 4, 2016 at 9:01:30 pm

Dave, the bizarre thing is they were all working the previous day. It isn't a new install at all. Have you been aware of any circumstance where activation "deactivated" on its own?

System:
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 7, 2016 at 5:31:29 pm

Jeez, I wish I could tell you. They installed CC 2015 on my office machine (4 Whole Gigs of memory!) just 'cause they could. Your version and mine are two different animals.

I tried opening a couple of the obscure apps. In Copy -- whatever THAT is -- appears to run. Muse -- and I have no stinkin' idea what that one does -- crashes. AE needs Quicktime; no big deal, I wouldn't run it on just 4 gigs anyways.

The common wisdom seems to be, "reinstall". Right. Like that's going to happen in a big hurry.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Peter FerlingRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 7, 2016 at 7:21:25 pm

It could be a license issue/check, (I have near the same setup as you with a T7610). Occasionally, the application wants to phone home and do a handshake with the license server. In the beginning, I had to lug my workstation home to do this, (including the initial install and to download updates) due to an overzealous security system at work. Which IT remedied later.

There was a time that I had to reinstall CC desktop manager to fix a non-connection issue.

One more thing, do you have admin rights to the workstation? If not, then IT should get involved or logon and run the CC manager to see if it want's to phone home and reset.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 4, 2016 at 12:23:15 am

check event viewer windows log- application for crash report.
it might be faster to use adobe cleaner tool anyway.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 4, 2016 at 6:08:51 am

Try trashing the preferences and/or logging out and back in from the CC app.

Return to posts index

Mark LandmanRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 7, 2016 at 7:31:14 pm

I had a similar problem about a year ago. Trashing preferences as well as uninstall and reinstall didn't help. In my case I had to run the file system check utility from the Mac terminal ( sbin/fsck -fy ) to get it running again. Now it's the first thing I try after trashing preferences. Maybe it's just a coincidence, but I seem to start having problems right about the time Creative Suite needs to 'phone home' to verify the license. (I have to log-in again, CC thinks that I'm running programs for the first time, forgetting preferences etc.)
CC is a great suite of programs - when it runs. It sure is a temperamental beast though.

Mark Landman
PM Productions
Champaign, IL

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Adobe apps will not launch on one system
by on Jun 7, 2016 at 8:47:12 pm

Just so everyone gets closure, this is all resolved. Corporate IT said we have to go to CC2015, so we're up and running with CC2015.02. I was concerned about possible After Effects issues in 2015, but most of my colleagues say that has largely been resolved for now.

We also had a bad drive in the RAID. It just failed this week. The replacement arrives tomorrow, and then we're off to the races again.

System:
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2015.02 (as of 6/2016)
256GB SSD system drive

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]