ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Huge File Export with .XMF Footage. Log and Transfer?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven GehrhardtHuge File Export with .XMF Footage. Log and Transfer?
by on Jun 3, 2016 at 5:25:07 pm

Hey,

So I am in a bind. Ive shot stuff on a Canon XF205 and edited it in Premiere. It was a event shoot of a presentation so its about an hour long. The XMF formats have given me a bunch of trouble and now when exporting it says it will be 46 GB and also keeps on popping up with errors. Any advice on what to do or an easy way to export? I remember when handling with large files I used to log and transfer in Final Cut but is there a tool like that in Premiere and do I have to re edit the whole thing?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Huge File Export with .XMF Footage. Log and Transfer?
by on Jun 3, 2016 at 5:47:36 pm

[Steven Gehrhardt] "when exporting it says it will be 46 GB"

This would be pretty normal for a long clip and a good quality format. You didn't say what codec you use when you export.

[Steven Gehrhardt] "also keeps on popping up with errors"

We would need some information on what these errors are before saying anything about them.

Return to posts index

Steven GehrhardtRe: Huge File Export with .XMF Footage. Log and Transfer?
by on Jun 3, 2016 at 6:27:40 pm

Sorry. It is just "Unknown Error" and I have tried both MPEG2 because I read that is easier for XMF's as well as h264. Same unknown error on both

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Huge File Export with .XMF Footage. Log and Transfer?
by on Jun 4, 2016 at 12:19:23 am

are you running out of hd space? try a Tiff sequence so that you won't have to start all over again from scratch. find where the frames stop counting. that is where your error is in your timeline.
export second half and combine tiff to a new import and render sequence to final codec.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]