ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Transferring Clip Markers to multicam sequence

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward HarbyTransferring Clip Markers to multicam sequence
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 12:30:45 am
Last Edited By Edward Harby on Jun 2, 2016 at 1:10:36 am

Well I goofed. Logically, what I did made sense but because of how Premiere is designed my clip markers to a very large project don't transfer over when I have them within multisequences. The clip markers (done on the clip within the source window) don't show up in the multicam sequence.

Is there anyway I can get them onto of the multicam sequence? I have two clips within each multicam sequence. One of the two clips within the multicam sequence has the marker data I need but doesn't show up within the multi cam sequence?

There must be a way... So many clips... with markers... so much time being organized yet so useless with out the markers.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

andy lewisRe: Transferring Clip Markers to multicam sequence
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 5:27:14 am

Does the original clip have attached audio? The markers will be embedded in the audio as well. If you drag that into a sequence with the multicam, do the markers show up? Then link it to the multicam video.

If you are using separate audio you can use a clip (video or audio) with embedded markers as a guide. Link it to the other clips and turn it off. It's not ideal but better than nothing.

Return to posts index

Edward HarbyRe: Transferring Clip Markers to multicam sequence
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 4:54:53 pm
Last Edited By Edward Harby on Jun 2, 2016 at 5:01:24 pm

Yeah... That's something. I have to goto the original clip and pull the audio from there. It doesn't work from the multi-cam... I really feel like if you have a markers within a clip, it should work in multicam but I know Premiere doesn't have that despite being something very logical.

But yeah I want to see my markers in the source window while using multicam. Disappointing. Is there any way I can mess with the project's xml or meta data of some sort.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Transferring Clip Markers to multicam sequence
by on Jun 3, 2016 at 12:51:53 am

If you have the source loaded into the source viewer

and you are using the multicam viewer on the record side....

you can gang sync the source viewer and record viewer together....

this would help you I think....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Edward HarbyRe: Transferring Clip Markers to multicam sequence
by on Jun 3, 2016 at 4:54:54 pm

I just linked the multicam video to audio tracks that have the markers (I basically have to pull video from a sequence now in order to editor). I also found out that I can flatten the Multicam on the specific camera and it'll show the markers but that voids the multicam feature. Still useful in some way. I never new about ganging clips through the method you mentioned. Interesting...

I still feel like Markers need to be explored more in editing program. Thank you for your response.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]