ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Audio increment Adjustments in Premiere CC

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jordan NagasakoAudio increment Adjustments in Premiere CC
by on Jun 1, 2016 at 11:31:02 pm

Hi I have two issues I'm trying to figure out with Premiere but can't seem to find the answer.
1) can you adjust the audio so that when raising the levels from the timeline it will go higher than 6.02db like up to 12 db like FCP 7 does? Or do I have to you use the gain setting after I'm up to 6.02db it's just one extra step I'd prefer to avoid.
2) when adjusting audio levels is there away where it is larger increments than such small fractions of db se still how it's 1.52 Id rather it be just 1.50 or 2.0? I would be nice if the increments weren't so small so that it was easy to adjust the levels between clips.
Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Audio increment Adjustments in Premiere CC
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 2:16:21 pm

You can bump a clip's volume up or down 1 dB with the square bracket keys [ and ].

If you need to raise a clip's volume 12 dB to make it work, perhaps you should consider using a compressor or dynamics processing to raise the level of the interesting-but-soft parts without also raising the noise floor and clipping the interesting-but-loud parts.

Audition's Dynamics Processing has a wonderful interface for this:
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2142619

Premiere can do compression, but has a less intuitive interface. Try some of the presets in the Single-band Compressor to get a feel for what the controls actually do.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]