ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere proxy editing question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jerry wisePremiere proxy editing question
by on Jun 1, 2016 at 9:58:41 pm

We are thinking about jumping from Avid to Premiere for our news operation.
We shoot with XDCAM. What would be the process to shoot and edit in the field using proxies and then, when satisfied with the edit, conform to full res.and send it back to the station.?

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Premiere proxy editing question
by on Jun 1, 2016 at 11:12:21 pm

Currently only manual, but next release will be native feature:
http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/whats-coming-next-in-adobe-premiere-pr...

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Premiere proxy editing question
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 1:42:15 pm

Hi Jerry,

I've never used a proxy workflow, but my question would be why do you think you need to use proxies? I understand that perhaps that was a given with Avid, but have you tried native editing of XDCAM with Premiere? I'm thinking it would take more time to generate proxies and later conform and such, why not go native?

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Premiere proxy editing question
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 1:52:44 pm

[Jeff Pulera] "I'm thinking it would take more time to generate proxies and later conform and such, why not go native?"

XDCAM records both high-quality media and low-res proxies at the same time during acquisition. You don't need to generate proxies yourself because XDCAM makes them as part of the recording process.

But I'd agree that Jerry should try native editing first to see how well it works.

Walter Soyka
Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
@keenlive [twitter]   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

Return to posts index

Christian SchumacherRe: Premiere proxy editing question
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 2:26:51 pm

The way I'm doing at the moment is to relink at the folder level on the Premiere project pane. One has to choose "Make Offlne" first in order to do that. The next step is obviously to choose to relink your media - or folder - and then you can use the relink window in Premiere which is very fine with several options to choose from. Anyway, It is flawless with R3D media and MOV proxies produced outside of the Adobe application. Additionally, have been relinking other media, like regular video, audio and graphics files with no troubles in PP 14/15 OSX 10.10. Have little experience with XDCAM on those Adobe set ups except for a few files though.

Return to posts index

jerry wiseRe: Premiere proxy editing question
by on Jun 2, 2016 at 5:08:00 pm

Thank you all for your answers. I won't be using proxies myself but since we are probably going to switch to Premiere CC for news editing the news folks are freaking out. I mostly like working with Premiere CC and i would want to make sure the news folks have a smooth and stress free transition so they are asking me questions. I made the transition from FCP7 to Premiere in about an hour...it was that easy. Also i told them that they could map their keyboards to mimic Avid.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]