ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Audio Issues when importing from 70d into Premiere Pro CC on Windows 10

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nan WrayAudio Issues when importing from 70d into Premiere Pro CC on Windows 10
by on May 27, 2016 at 8:33:43 pm

I'm having issues with audio when importing footage from my Canon 70d into Premiere Pro CC in Windows 10. My audio sounds great when I play the raw footage outside of Premiere, either in Quicktime or in a browser. As soon as I import it into Premiere and play back either the source footage or the footage from within the sequence, it has a TON of echo on it. This happens with all the clips I try either with the native camera mic or with a Rode Stereo VideoPro condenser mic. Outside of Premiere the footage plays back with NO ECHO at all. Has a nice cozy sound.

Any ideas? Has anyone out there experienced this? It's driving me nuts.

I called Adobe, and they said they would get back to me, and now I'm experimenting importing into Premiere Pro on my Mac. Will also shoot some footage on my 7D and do the same on both platforms to try to narrow down the issue. If anyone else has had this happen I would love to hear from you!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Audio Issues when importing from 70d into Premiere Pro CC on Windows 10
by on May 27, 2016 at 10:38:45 pm

As a test, try transcoding a problem clip to a high-quality codec uith uncompressed audio tracks. See what happens.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Nan WrayRe: Audio Issues when importing from 70d into Premiere Pro CC on Windows 10
by on May 28, 2016 at 8:47:14 am

Ok so I solved this with process of elimination. Tried importing the same footage into Premiere Pro on my Mac and no issues.

Kept digging on Google with more specifics about my PC and turns out in Windows 10 there is an audio booster app that is on by default. BLEH! Turned it off and that solved it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]