ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Moving Media Breaks Adobe Premiere Pro Project

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan DeStefanoMoving Media Breaks Adobe Premiere Pro Project
by on May 27, 2016 at 1:42:41 am

This has happened before. I finished a project then moved the media to proper places in the file system. Then I open Premiere up, reconnect all the media, and the project only loads a black screen with a "Media Pending" box where the Program view is. This has rendered my project files useless. Do you guys know of any work arounds? I tried just disconnecting all the media, that didn't work. Any thoughts?

Return to posts index

Dan DeStefanoRe: Moving Media Breaks Adobe Premiere Pro Project
by on May 27, 2016 at 2:06:24 am

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Moving Media Breaks Adobe Premiere Pro Project
by on May 27, 2016 at 12:59:30 pm

Tell us more about your system. Version of Adobe software, Mac or PC, etc.

Also, what storage did you move files "from" and "to"? Is moving the files after edit part of your normal workflow? Done this before without issues?

What type of media? Shot on SD cards or P2 that has a file folder structure? When moving media, was the entire folder structure maintained?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

by on May 27, 2016 at 4:37:07 pm

Hi! My system is fully updated, Premiere is fully updated. It's a fully loaded 27" iMac w/NVIDIA GeForce 680MX 2GB VRAM, 32GB RAM, 3.4GHz Core i7.

This happened once before when I changed the system I was using to work on the project. I went from my work computer to home computer, opened it up and the exact same thing happened. My boss had to open the file on the original computer, offline all the media, then email me the updated project file with no media to reconnect. I was using the same external hard drive and didn't do any media reorganizing on that one.

On this one, I opened the project on a different user account on my computer after moving the media to well-organized places. The actual footage is all in the same place (maybe one or two folder changes), I mostly moved extra media files, videos, photos, etc. They all went from an external to my drop box account.

Sometimes, I really hate this goddamn program. But other times, I love it! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Moving Media Breaks Adobe Premiere Pro Project
by on May 27, 2016 at 8:12:38 pm

I will often move a project from one room (each room has its own raid storage)
to another and the only issue I have encountered is premiere building new .pek
files.

It used to do that every time a project was moved, but since cc 2014 it only
makes new .pek files 2 times at most then never again.

curious, are you not able to select all your bins and reconnect all the media?

Return to posts index

by on May 27, 2016 at 10:52:52 pm

The project only gives me that opening screen. The reconnect media dialogue comes up, but once I'm done with it, I get that screen.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]