ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to batch create new sequences for multiple clips, and batch rename them?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike BuckhoutHow to batch create new sequences for multiple clips, and batch rename them?
by on May 25, 2016 at 3:32:03 pm

Working on a project that will involve over 400 source files, each of which need to have a new sequence created for them. I am familiar with the "New Sequence From Clip" command, but this only makes one sequence for your selected files. Is it possible to select multiple source files and have Premiere create a new sequence for each one separately? I have setup a Keyboard shortcut for the creation of a new sequence which is better than clicking on the files to access the command, but there should be a better way.

Also, once I have all those sequences created they are named by default the same as the source file was. Is there any way to batch rename those within PP? My solution now is to batch rename the files after export using Automator, but would prefer to have those names within Premiere.

Return to posts index

Mike BuckhoutRe: How to batch create new sequences for multiple clips, and batch rename them?
by on May 25, 2016 at 4:39:36 pm

Not an answer, but here's a workaround I came up with- Batch rename the source files before importing into PP. That way the sequences created are using the desired filename from the start.

Still don't know a better way to create new sequences for a bunch of clips.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: How to batch create new sequences for multiple clips, and batch rename them?
by on May 25, 2016 at 6:26:10 pm

Hi Mike...

What will you be doing editorially for the batch?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Mike BuckhoutRe: How to batch create new sequences for multiple clips, and batch rename them?
by on May 25, 2016 at 7:12:07 pm

Nothing super exciting. Each clip is of a person reading individual sentences on camera in front of a greenscreen. Basically I need to edit out lines that are incorrect, then export the good audio for noise reduction, then bring it back in to Premiere before exporting the sequence with a different background. I think my workflow is good, but it would be nice to speed up the creation of the new sequences.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: How to batch create new sequences for multiple clips, and batch rename them?
by on May 25, 2016 at 7:28:35 pm

Hmmm....

yep....that's a tough one then...don't have a good answer for that....

sorry...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]