ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason BullockPremiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box
by on May 23, 2016 at 2:54:29 pm

Hoping for some help. I've reinstalled the drivers for my Matrox box as well as Premiere Pro. However I cannot see it as an option for Playback for video. I can use it for audio. In After Effects if I choose Adobe DV, then my Matrox box will work with it but not Premiere. One thing I noticed when I was installing Matrox utilities that I could set where I wanted the WYSIWYG in After Effects & Photoshop, but there wasn't an option for Premiere.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

Jason Bullock

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Premiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box
by on May 23, 2016 at 3:43:34 pm

What is the model of the Matrox device? Does it have CC support?

Return to posts index

Jason BullockRe: Premiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box
by on May 23, 2016 at 5:43:44 pm

MXO2 Mini. It does have CC support.

Jason Bullock

Return to posts index

D j HarrisRe: Premiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box
by on Oct 27, 2016 at 10:20:16 am

Hi Jason,

Just noticed this thread and I have exactly the same issue - did you ever get a solution to this?

Return to posts index

Peter GarawayRe: Premiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box
by on Oct 27, 2016 at 9:54:01 pm

hi DJ and Jason,

Please see the attached link from the Matrox forum: http://forum.matrox.com/mxo/viewtopic.php?t=14599

"We do not have official drivers for support with Adobe CC2015.3 release however, we have a procedure to copy the plugins manually."

Hope this helps!

Best,

Peter Garaway
Adobe
Premiere Pro

Return to posts index

by on Oct 28, 2016 at 3:11:15 pm

Hi Peter, thanks, I'll give that a try.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 4, 2016 at 5:01:48 pm

Hi Peter (and anyone else who has the same problem) - this works! Didn't have to reinstall anything, just make sure to copy all the files to the right place. Also the filenames in the Matrox download are very long and wouldn't copy over a network (as the filepath contained to many characters) so I had to put them on the root level of a memory stick to install.

Many thanks for the assist.

Return to posts index

Lee OverstreetRe: Premiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box
by on Nov 4, 2016 at 6:13:45 pm

Jason,

I too have the MXO2 mini and have been afraid to try the upgrade to 2015.3 since everything is working with 2015.2! I'm darn sure not trying 2017. Everything working for you in 2015.3 now?

Are you also still on Windows 7? I've heard some folks have it working on Windows 10 with the last drivers released from Matrox. It's SO frustrating that such a nice, perfectly serviceable piece of hardware is being ignored.

Return to posts index

by on Nov 7, 2016 at 11:52:24 am

Hi Lee,

Just to jump in here, having previously done the copying of files recommended by Matrox to get the MX02 mini working, I've just updated to the latest version of CC (just states CC 2017 in the creative cloud manager so not sure on the official version number) and the Matrox is still working as a client monitor output.

Return to posts index

Lee OverstreetRe: Premiere Pro CC cannot see Matrox box
by on Nov 16, 2016 at 5:47:27 am

D j Harris,

Cool. I WANT to have the latest version of everything (Win10, CC 2017, etc.), but I don't NEED to, and I'm terribly risk averse when it comes to getting relatively clunky software and hardware working right. If some feature comes along I just have to have (better deinterlacing?), I'll make the jump. But right now I'm thinking I'll stick where I am until I at least get the most important of my old tapes archived. I dunno. We'll see. Right now I'm more concerned about seeing if it's worth the effort to use uncompressed 720x486 files and convert them properly to 720x480. Baby steps, right? :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]