ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Creating Video Slideshow fromf high-res JPEG images (exported from RAW files)

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick TumiltyCreating Video Slideshow fromf high-res JPEG images (exported from RAW files)
by on May 22, 2016 at 3:12:22 pm
Last Edited By Patrick Tumilty on May 22, 2016 at 4:29:46 pm

Hello,

I would appreciate some advice on the below challenge please -

I have been trying to produce a short video slideshow in Premiere Pro CC 2015 using fairly large JPEG images that have been converted from RAW files - I would like to do this without having to Crop the images.

The JPEG Widths vary from 5,760 px down to 1,916 px, I'm trying to get this slideshow to display on some Samsung HD television sets, which I assume have max width of 1920 px. The exported video file works fine on VLC Media Player but not on the televisions, we get an error message regarding the resolution. Video setting are as follows:

Format: .mp4
Size: 289MB
Frame width: 3456
Frame height: 2304
Data rate: 11371 kbps
Frame rate: 25 fps
Length: 3 min 33secs

My question is: is it possible to produce the kind of slideshow I'm after?

Other info:

Within Export Settings in Premiere, having selected Output at the top left hand side of the window, and looking at the Source Scaling, it doesn't appear to matter whether I choose Scale to Fill, Scale to Fit or Stretch to Fill - the slideshow just looks the same. So far, I have been de-selecting Aspect Ratio Correction

Cheers,

Patrick

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Creating Video Slideshow fromf high-res JPEG images (exported from RAW files)
by on May 23, 2016 at 12:49:18 pm

Certain device have certain limit of how much resolution/bitrate/etc they can handle.
Don't treat TV the same like you did in PC using VLC.
Testing it on VLC on your machine means nothing on your workflow.

Find the TV spec on the website.

You didn't find anything changed in the Preview output when you fiddle with the scale option because the source and the output still on the same ratio.
It only affected if you use a different source and output ratio (eg: Source in 4:3 but the output is on 16:9)

In case of scaling, theoretically you will have better scaling result if you check the "Use Maximum Render Quality", but only if you have different dimension with your source and your output.

Read more detailed in here.

https://helpx.adobe.com/media-encoder/using/export-settings-reference.html

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Patrick TumiltyRe: Creating Video Slideshow fromf high-res JPEG images (exported from RAW files)
by on May 23, 2016 at 1:44:11 pm

Terima kasih!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Creating Video Slideshow fromf high-res JPEG images (exported from RAW files)
by on May 23, 2016 at 1:50:17 pm

A simple rule of thumb -- always know what you need to deliver. Know it from the start. It will drive your decisions throughout the project.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Creating Video Slideshow fromf high-res JPEG images (exported from RAW files)
by on May 23, 2016 at 2:40:32 pm

You're welcome.
Sama-sama.

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]