ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Strange audio levels

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eurie ChungStrange audio levels
by on May 16, 2016 at 11:19:36 pm

My deliverable specs require me to output 24 discrete channels of audio even if the tracks are "empty" aside from the tone and two-pop. I have two questions. My sequence settings are set to "Channel Format: Multichannel" and 24 channels.

1. If I create Bars and Tone from "File -- New -->" and choose -20db, the Audio Clip Mixer shows it to be -23. If I choose -17db, I get the -20db that I am looking for. I find this strange and I'm not sure what to trust.

2. Though I have edited in the same -17db tone into all 24 tracks, Tracks 3 and 4 are showing as -14db while all the other tracks show -20db. This is only happening in the small window to the right of the sequence. in the Audio Clip Mixer, it shows all tracks as -20db.

I have attached some screen shots. Hopefully this makes sense to someone because I am thoroughly confused about how to fix it. I have all audio tracks as Mono.

Return to posts index

Eurie ChungRe: Strange audio levels
by on May 16, 2016 at 11:44:40 pm

Second problem is attributed to panning in the Audio Track Mixer. Still confused on the first problem.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Strange audio levels
by on May 17, 2016 at 4:44:19 am

I guess you're trying to get 24 mono channels. Right now you seem to have 24 stereo channels and that's 48 channels in all. I'd recommend you use mono channels or adaptive channels.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]