ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

frame rate for imported SRT and Captions

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Erik Lundmarkframe rate for imported SRT and Captions
by on May 16, 2016 at 8:01:49 pm

I've been trying to get my subtitles/captions to line up properly in Premiere Pro CC but without much luck.
I have a correct SRT file saved with a 23.976 frame rate. But when I add it to a sequence in Premiere the lines drift over time. When I check the properties for the SRT file it says its frame rate is 29.97 hence the drift.
Anyone knows how to correct this and make Premiere accept the frame rate of the SRT file?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: frame rate for imported SRT and Captions
by on May 17, 2016 at 4:16:14 am

How do you import the SRT files into premiere ?
Also, you can change the FPS SRT files with 3rd party tols like Aegisub or SubtitleEdit

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

Erik LundmarkRe: frame rate for imported SRT and Captions
by on May 18, 2016 at 3:48:50 pm

Thanks for your reply. I either just drag and drop the SRT file or use the Import command.
But after struggling with this for a while I have found a much better solution by using a script in After Effects where I can actually change the text's appearance.
As far as I can find in Premiere, the Captions/Subtitle options are very limited and they don't look the way I want them to.
Maybe someone else knows more about this and I'll be happy to learn more about the customizability of Captions/Subs in Premiere. But for now I'm gonna use AE.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]