ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Mark out 1 frame after target - Auto Preview media on click?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roger AlexanderMark out 1 frame after target - Auto Preview media on click?
by on May 16, 2016 at 1:18:56 am

There's two things about Premiere pro CC 2015 that are small but really drive me crazy.

1. Pressing I is the "mark in" shortcut and starts your time selection right where your cursor is, as it should. My problem is that when I go somewhere and press "o" for "mark out" to tend the time selection, it stops the selection 1 frame after wherever my cursor is and not exactly on the frame where my cursor is. It's annoying to have to adjust the time selection afterwards when doing rendering workflows. Why does it do this and is there a way to make it end on the frame where you have your cursor like mark in does?

I've seen other ppl bring up similar concerns. Please don't give me the "thats just how it works" response. I want to know if there's an alternative or setting to change this.

2. I know that you can scrub through media in the media browser to preview the footage, but is there a way to make the footage play inside of the thumbnail by just clicking it instead of having to scrub or double clicking and playing in the source monitor?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Mark out 1 frame after target - Auto Preview media on click?
by on May 16, 2016 at 8:42:33 am

[Roger Alexander] " Please don't give me the "thats just how it works" response. "

That's just how it works. Premiere uses an inclusive out point and the FCP manual has a pretty good page about it https://documentation.apple.com/en/finalcutpro/usermanual/index.html#chapte...

If you want exclusive out points then you'll have to make a feature request here: http://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

[Roger Alexander] "but is there a way to make the footage play inside of the thumbnail "

Click to select the clip and press the spacebar or use the JKL controls.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]