ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Frame rate adjustment not sticking after exporting as XML

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike SilvermanFrame rate adjustment not sticking after exporting as XML
by on May 14, 2016 at 11:17:49 pm

My editor for wedding films edits in Premiere Pro CS6 and will send me his project files via dropbox. I'm working in the latest Premiere Pro CC 2015 and there's an issue that I've never resolved in which I open his project file and if I double click on any audio files in the timeline then Premiere crashes. I found a workaround where I will open the project file, export the timeline as an XML, then import the XML into a new Premiere Pro project and that seems to fix that issue.

However, this year we've started shooting some of our footage in 1080p60 and my editor will modify the frame rate of many of these clips from 60p to 24p in order to slow them down. I just found out that when I import the XML file, it shows all of the 60p footage as 60p rather than 24p, and in the timeline all that footage has grey diagonal stripes through those clips. If I go to Modify>Interpret Footage and change the frame rate to 24p then everything looks good, but sometimes we will shoot something in 1080p60 and the clip works better at full speed than 40% speed. If my editor uses one of these clips then I have no way of knowing which clips were meant to be slowed down when looking in the project panel.

So how can I fix this issue so that exporting to XML doesn't reset the clips back to full speed? (If you know why the CS6 project files are crashing on my computer that would be helpful too)

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Frame rate adjustment not sticking after exporting as XML
by on May 16, 2016 at 8:46:28 am

The XML will only send the timecode info for the clip and when you change the timebase for the clip the timecode won't match the original media. The interpret footage info is only kept in the Premiere project.

Return to posts index

Mike SilvermanRe: Frame rate adjustment not sticking after exporting as XML
by on May 16, 2016 at 8:00:29 pm

Thanks for that info, do you have any idea why the CS6 project files could be crashing Premiere on my computer? It's only when I double click on the audio files from our portable recorder. Otherwise it works just fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]