ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Sporadic Output results while Exporting H.264

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rev. Jay CrossSporadic Output results while Exporting H.264
by on May 13, 2016 at 8:58:30 pm

So, I'm not entirely sure how to word this. I've been having a weird problem with my Exporting of H.264 video on my most recent project. I use the YouTube HD output presets, just usually with 24fps 2pass VBR at 10-16. I do about one project a week, everytime with the same gear and same output settings, but this is a first for this issue.

I hit "Export" after reviewing my presets, and let 'er rip for the necessary time. When I check back, no errors are apparent and the screen returns to my regular workspace as you would expect. I locate the resulting file and see that all the basic properties are correct (length, size, resolution, format). However when playing the file, I get either a "cannot find (insert filename).mp4 " or the file plays but stops at a random timestamp. The file is 22minutes long, and has stopped at 8,11,12,20,21 minutes during subsequent attempts to export. I'm reviewing this all with VLC as I normally do, and it isn't having problems with any other video on my machine.

I've restarted the machine and the program, verified all of my gpu drivers are up to date, tried putting the timeline into another timeline and exporting that...none of it has made any real difference. The ONLY success I had was using my usual presets with the bitrate lowered way down to 6-8. I have had success doing projects at my usual bitrate, up to an hour in length on this machine and never had weird issues like this.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm a bit exasperated with this.

The Reverend Jay, aka REV J.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Sporadic Output results while Exporting H.264
by on May 16, 2016 at 1:52:13 pm

Jay, please let us know: Windows PC or Mac, what OS, what version of Adobe Suite.

Also, are you rendering direct from Premiere Pro, or sending the job to Media Encoder?

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Rev. Jay CrossRe: Sporadic Output results while Exporting H.264
by on May 18, 2016 at 3:47:03 am

Thanks Jon, I always forget to be specific (I suppose that helps!). I'm using my CC license for Premiere Pro, on a Windows machine (high end GPU's, plenty of high speed SSD and HDD). I'm rendering directly from the Premiere "export" menu. I don't often use the media encoder (most of my stuff isn't a large enough workpiece to make me develop good workflow habits).

Small update; 6 tries couldn't yield a good result. I went back to the YouTube HD preset but changed to a single pass VBR @ 10-16. It still wouldn't do the 22min full length, but I worked around it with 2 separate 11min videos successfully. Anything longer than 11min and I had the same random corruption.

Its not the end of the world, but its less than ideal for my platform, and its never happened before this project. So I'd love to know the "what and why" this happened so I can avoid it.

I'm starting another new project this week and I'll see what it does.
Thanks!

The Reverend Jay, aka REV J.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: Sporadic Output results while Exporting H.264
by on May 18, 2016 at 4:06:59 am

is that rendering to a FAT32 drive with 4GB limit?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]