ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Choose Where to Save "Render and Replace" Audio?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe SinopoliChoose Where to Save "Render and Replace" Audio?
by on May 11, 2016 at 4:18:25 am

Is there any way to set where "Render and Replace" saves your audio? It seems to put them next to the original file (although I feel like sometimes it puts them next to the project as well)? But I have a ton and do it often before sending to mix, so I'd love to be able to set it all to a "Rendered Audio" folder.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Choose Where to Save "Render and Replace" Audio?
by on May 11, 2016 at 12:43:35 pm

When you first set up your project, click on the "Scratch" tab. One of the choices you'll see is where to save your renders. You know the rest ;-)

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Choose Where to Save "Render and Replace" Audio?
by on May 11, 2016 at 12:49:30 pm

The scratch disk settings don't have anything to do with this. The rendered audio file is created next to the original. There isn't any settings for it like there is for the video. If you're sending your audio to post then you could export an OMF or an AAF.

Return to posts index

Joe SinopoliRe: Choose Where to Save "Render and Replace" Audio?
by on May 11, 2016 at 1:15:44 pm

Thank you. I have tons of reverb nests, low-pass filters, speed changes, etc. on my audio -- stuff that doesn't carry over in an OMF.
Been looking for an organized way to get that to sound...I use an OMF right now but have to render all these effects to keep them intact and it clogs up my folders with a bunch of rogue render files.

Return to posts index

by on May 11, 2016 at 3:23:48 pm

Render and replace doesn't actually bake the effects in the new file. At least with video. It just renders the clip and replaces it with the new clip and it has the same effects applied as the old one.

Return to posts index

by on May 11, 2016 at 3:25:11 pm

Here's the manual page for it: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/render-replace-effects-compositi...

Return to posts index

by on May 11, 2016 at 12:50:52 pm

Of course I'm just an amateur who likes to help, so I'm only assuming I know what I'm talking about. And this is what I'm talking about.

Return to posts index

by on May 11, 2016 at 12:51:39 pm

Sorry. Listen to Tero. He knows what he's talking about.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]