ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Funky video Premiere Pro does not like?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith picozziFunky video Premiere Pro does not like?
by on May 11, 2016 at 1:40:33 am

Got a weird video here, never encountered this but something is wrong with it, I could use some help;

I'm trying to edit a file in Premiere Pro CS6

The video\audio file come from an older NTSC DVD but something is obviously funky with it

I've been messing with this for a while here and may be tough to explain;

First; I demuxed the video\audio using MpegVideoWizard

For some reason when importing into Premiere it gives me a time frame of 1:24:47 for the video track & 1:24:51 for the audio, when joining them on a sequence (I've tried dozens of different combinations) the video is always ahead of the audio by a very significant margin EVEN THOUGH the timeline appears pretty close?

When previewing right away the video seems to jump back or flash a scene prior (almost like it is repeating some frames) and then continues on but the video is definitely moving in fast speed, not comical super speed but the preview is certainly too quick.

I have exported anyway thinking this is just a preview problem but no go the final outcome is the same.

The weird part is I took this same video\audio track into Encore and it produced a VIDEO_TS folder with everything in sync fine?

I then tried a different demux (in DGindex) with same result

So then I placed that same video & audio track into the MpegVideoWizard and it is in sync no issues, I then made an Mpeg of the files (Mpeg is in sync using my video player (VLC & Potplayer)) and imported that Mpeg into Premiere placed it onto a timeline and it does the same as when I had the tracks separate (video slightly "speedy" way, way ahead of the audio - even though the timeline shows them to be pretty close)

So I think the audio track is fine but something is up with the video track not sure what Premiere does not like about it though?

The video track in Mediainfo gives me a 29.97, but when playing it in my video player (Potplayer) it reports as 23.97 FPS actual during playback.

Any help is much appreciated or if I can give further info - I'm stumped?

Return to posts index

David Roth WeissRe: Funky video Premiere Pro does not like?
by on May 11, 2016 at 2:27:26 am

Why not use MPEG Streamclip to demux? It works... It's free... It's pretty much an industry standard.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Funky video Premiere Pro does not like?
by on May 11, 2016 at 4:32:38 am

Have you tried importing the VOB file from the DVD into Premiere? You're overcomplicating this.

Return to posts index

keith picozziRe: Funky video Premiere Pro does not like?
by on May 11, 2016 at 9:42:35 am

I tried MpegStreamclip a while ago and it couldn't start, just to be sure I just tried again and upon running it I get a "mpeg streamclip could not initialize quicktime" error, I'm on a Windows 8.1 machine maybe it's only for older operating systems? I have Quicktime installed (latest) and anything else that uses Quicktime works fine.

I don't think it's a demux issue anyway.

One of the first things I tried was importing just the VOB and I get the same result as importing the Mpeg.

But I have an update; I forgot I had Sony Vegas - I haven't used it in years, the Mpeg that gives Premiere problems I imported into Vegas and it has no issues at all with the sync, so it's specific to this video file and Premiere but not sure what it is? I can edit in Vegas but prefer Premiere that's where all of my plugins are.

Return to posts index

keith picozziRe: Funky video Premiere Pro does not like?
by on May 11, 2016 at 9:56:12 am

Ok further update, I imported the VOB into Vegas and no issues what so ever.

I imported the seperate M2V & WAV file and this time Vegas shows the currect time on timeline for the WAV track but the M2V track is much shorter & it gives me an in-correct time of 1:07:55 (but the file is complete), so not sure why Premiere shows it as the right time and correct on timeline but it acts like this shorter time version of 1:07:55, I think something is wrong with it's attributes\header(s).

Return to posts index

Oki PienandoroRe: Funky video Premiere Pro does not like?
by on May 17, 2016 at 4:24:14 am

Source is in variable fps perhaps ?
You can force transcode to constant fps.
It happened to me in the past (very old codec) from archival video, but not with vob like yours.

------------------------------------------
Sorry for the english, not native speaker.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]