ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Horizontal lines when I bounce out of Premiere into ProRes 422

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vanessa HuneaultHorizontal lines when I bounce out of Premiere into ProRes 422
by on May 5, 2016 at 3:00:56 am

Hi,

I'm very new to editing and Premiere and I need to export a music video for the promotion company. Apple ProRes is required so I figured ProRes 422 is the best way to go. I just can't seem to have a clear and nice video when I watch it with the quicktime app. The only luck I have had so far is when I bounced it for Youtube as H.264. Other than that, all my other bounces have horizontal lines when there is movement (it plays fine in premiere if I bring the bounced file back in)

The original file was Apple ProRes 444 shot at 50 fps, 1920 x 1080. I'm trying to bounce it at 25 fps 1920x1080 and the video is only 6 minutes and I tried using a Macbook Pro 10.10.5 and a imac 10.11.3, my bounces still come out with horizontal lines so obviously I'm doing something wrong or missing something.

I'm not sure what other info I could give out in order to get help but ask away and I'll be replying quickly since I need that video yesterday.

Thank you very much in advance.

V

Return to posts index

Daniel WaldronRe: Horizontal lines when I bounce out of Premiere into ProRes 422
by on May 5, 2016 at 1:21:25 pm

Could you give more specific export settings and post a screenshot of these horizontal lines? It sounds like you may be exporting interlaced video?

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Horizontal lines when I bounce out of Premiere into ProRes 422
by on May 5, 2016 at 3:08:29 pm

I agree with Daniel -- you probably shot interlaced footage and exported as interlaced. The reason you don't see it in H.264 is that it is progressive only... but I don't know how they achieve that. It may be doing image quality no favors.
Now, you CAN make a custom preset in PP to export progressive in ProRes, and it works well.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]