ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Luma Key Flipping out on render

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh PetersLuma Key Flipping out on render
by on May 2, 2016 at 11:48:33 pm

I have some footage in front of a white backdrop that I had to luma key out to get a clean white background. I have a garbage mask on the luma key effect and it looks just fine in the sequence but when I render it out it flips in between how it should look and completely cutting off the image where the luma key mask is. I've tried rendering it out in a few different ways and no matter what I get the same effect.

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Luma Key Flipping out on render
by on May 3, 2016 at 1:38:59 pm

What file type are you rendering? Also, resolution/interlaced or progressive/frame rate. More information may make it easier for us to help you.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Josh PetersRe: Luma Key Flipping out on render
by on May 3, 2016 at 2:07:20 pm

Hey I've tried both a quicktime and an h.264 so far. Source footage is from a Canon Mk2 and is 1080p 23.976

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: Luma Key Flipping out on render
by on May 3, 2016 at 3:15:49 pm

The next thing I would try is an uncompressed intermediate file. This file will be crazy-huge. But it gives you a file from which you then render your final output.

Try rendering (uncompressed) just the problematic portion first. This file will possibly not play back smoothly (just too big), but will enable to spot-check and see if the issue disappears.

If it does disappear, do a full uncompressed render, the render from that for your final deliverable.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: Luma Key Flipping out on render
by on May 3, 2016 at 6:07:55 pm

A lot of these weird export issues involving color/alpha come from GPU Rendering issues. Try setting Premiere to Software mode.

File > Project Settings > General

Set to Mercury Software Render

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2016 at 2:17:28 pm

Hey Jeff,

Thanks for the response this seemed to knock it out, I'm working off a macbook pro at the moment and the card in there seems to produce some weird issues rendering certain footage. Switching back to a pc with an nvidia card soon though!

Return to posts index

by on May 4, 2016 at 2:18:09 pm

Hey Jon! Thanks for the responses I swapped it over to a software render and that seemed to make it happy for the time being.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]