ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Leaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Barry O'BrienLeaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"
by on May 2, 2016 at 2:40:54 pm

I'm running Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 on a early 2008 MAC Pro 3.1 (specs below)

Premier runs OK, until I hide Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and go temporarily to and other app: e.g.: Media Encoder, Photoshop, etc. . When I return, whatever the first action I take brings up the "spinning beach ball" If I leave Premiere alone, eventually the beach ball goes away and Premier is back running fine, which could take more than an hour. Normally, I have no time for this, and I just force quit Premiere and upon re-booting, and the project will come back fine, and I can carry on.

It started relatively recently, but I only recently recognized this as a the symptom. The only thing I have done recently to the Mac Pro was to upgrade to El Capitan 10.11.4 (not a clean install) from Yosemite.

It's an odd problem, and it's getting more annoying every day. Any thoughts on what can cause this? As ever, your help and experience is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Best Regards,

Barry O'Brien

Specs:

Mac Pro Early 2008 3,1
2 X 2.8Ghz. Quad Core 3,1
32 Gbs RAM
Navidia Ge Force GTZ 770 4,096 Mb Ram
AJA Kona LHe+ Driver Version 2.3.8, Interface 9
NTV2 SDK Version: 12.3.8

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Leaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"
by on May 2, 2016 at 5:32:23 pm

Is there any overwhelming reason to go to El Capitan?
Will your life cease if you don't have it?
Is having properly-working applications more important than have the newest OS?

If the answers are "no", "no" and "yes", go back to the previous OS.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Barry O'BrienRe: Leaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"
by on May 2, 2016 at 7:17:16 pm

Thank you, Dave, for you comment. I guess the vote is out on El Capitan, right now, but I had other issues (crashing) with Yosemite, that El Capitain eliminated.

I'm not so sure it's the operating system, per se, that is directly causing this issue. It could be that the preferences need to be tweaked. What's odd is that it's triggered by leaving and then coming back to Premiere. While I am editing with Premiere, there is no delays - if I were to say anything, I would say that Premiere is running more smoothly on El Capitain than it was on Yosemite.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you,

Barry O'Brien

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Leaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"
by on May 2, 2016 at 8:11:36 pm

Sorry, no further words of wisdom, I'm afraid. Though I'm a longtime AE user, I'm a babe in the woods to PP. It seems pretty handy, and a LOT easier to dope out that Avid.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris BorjisRe: Leaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"
by on May 2, 2016 at 9:13:09 pm

I have a very minor version of this with same version of premiere.

I'll be editing then go to click on the premiere menu and the app momentarily
freezes then I get the wheel for 2-4 seconds then it's ok.

Running Mavericks here. (can't update os x version as it breaks some of our infrastructure)

Return to posts index

Barry O'BrienRe: Leaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"
by on May 2, 2016 at 9:55:14 pm

As I learn more, I'll be sure to pass it on. I got a great e-mail from Satsi, at AJA Support (I'm running an AJA Kona LHe+ to drive my broadcast monitor.

He suggested that I thow out all my AJA preferences, and that made a difference. I don't know if that will work with other video drivers, but it's worth asking.

Barry

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Leaving Premiere Pro CC 2015.2 and coming back causes endless "wheel of Death"
by on May 3, 2016 at 1:13:36 pm

How do you have your RAM allocated in your Adobe Apps?

Sometimes giving the applications too much and the OS not enough might cause this...

at least, that's what I've heard...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]