ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Is El Capitan usable with PP and AE?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Harry Bromley-DavenportIs El Capitan usable with PP and AE?
by on May 2, 2016 at 5:27:39 am

There are many posts from late last year and early this year which say that El Capitan and PP/AE is a bad mix. So I have stuck with Yosemite 10.10.5.

Is there any further news? Has anyone had success with El Capitan? Or is everyone still boiling with rage?

Best, Harry.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Is El Capitan usable with PP and AE?
by on May 2, 2016 at 3:22:39 pm
Last Edited By Dave LaRonde on May 2, 2016 at 5:53:10 pm

AE is the worse offender in this mix; Adobe's in the midst of a HUGE rewriete of basic AE code and there are only 12 folks on the team. They're stretched really thin and always under a time crunch, so they miss things. Things just don't work right for many people.
If things are working for you, I say leave the OS alone. If having the newest OS is more important to you, change it and put up with Adobe app weirdness. Or the Adobe app malfunctions.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-DavenportRe: Is El Capitan usable with PP and AE?
by on May 3, 2016 at 4:08:14 am

Thanks so much for your response.

I was hoping that you would give me a more promising report - that AE and PP were now wonderfully stable under El Capitan. No such hope, apparently. I should get real.

I wonder whether, during our lifetimes, these two absurdly wobbly applications will be fixed by Adobe. I am not at all excited by the prospect of a completely rewritten AE because the work is, no doubt, being done by Adobe technicians who, to date, have amply demonstrated their incompetence.

It ia marginally surprising that, as far as I know, a class action suit of Users vs Adobe has not emerged. But I guess the financial reward is not large enough for a law firm to take on.

I have come to deeply hate Adobe and all who sail in her.

Best and thanks again for the reply,

Harry.

Return to posts index

Andrew KimeryRe: Is El Capitan usable with PP and AE?
by on May 3, 2016 at 6:58:58 am

FWIW I've been working on two new iMacs with PPro 2015 for the past few months and I haven't run into any problems.

Return to posts index

Harry Bromley-DavenportRe: Is El Capitan usable with PP and AE?
by on May 3, 2016 at 8:43:24 pm

Thank you very much for the advice.

Harry

Return to posts index

Mariano PuppoRe: Is El Capitan usable with PP and AE?
by on May 4, 2016 at 10:01:01 pm

I can't understand why only blame Adobe. I'm still using yosemite cause I knew any update on a mac brings nothing but trouble. Apple only cares about phones and watches now.
The first switch was FCP to PP. now, after 17 years, I think its time to change Mac to PC.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]