ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Needing assistance with thumbnails...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray BooneNeeding assistance with thumbnails...
by on May 1, 2016 at 10:46:34 pm

Hello all, I'm working on a very large project, which requires that I have my video clips separated into a number of different bins. Every time I switch bins, all the thumbnails have to reload as I scroll through them.

This is the first time I've had to use MTS files, which I think may be part of the issue. I've used a variety of other types of video, but have never run into this problem before.

Obviously this is a huge issue. It takes about two seconds for each "page" of thumbnails to load. Over time, this becomes tremendously frustrating. It can take a couple of minutes to even get close to finding the specific video file I'm looking for every time I have to switch folders, which happens pretty often.

I've searched all over for solutions but haven't found any. I've tried switching drives, turning off hover scroll--pretty much anything I could think of. My system is brand new, and the specs are good. Anyone who can offer assistance would have my eternal gratitude.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Needing assistance with thumbnails...
by on May 2, 2016 at 5:34:56 pm

Since we know nothing about the hardware on your machine, the OS you run now the version of your application, we have no way to give you a practical response.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Ray BooneRe: Needing assistance with thumbnails...
by on May 2, 2016 at 8:28:11 pm

Hi, sorry...

I'm running a Core i7 at 2.5 GHz, with 16 GB of RAM and Intel Graphics 4600.

I'm using Premiere Pro CS6.

I know these aren't the greatest stats ever, but they're far from being bad. It's a brand new system, and I have no problems with any other types of video files. I just don't understand why Premiere won't just cache the thumbnails, and insists on reloading them every time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]