ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Workflow question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tina MascaraWorkflow question
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 5:28:08 pm

I am about to cut a short film shot with Red Dragon (6K). I will be editing with CC Premiere Pro and the final master should be DCP 4K. My colorist is working with Davinci and would like to receive access to the R3D files and an XML of the timeline for color correction.

Having said that, can anyone walk me through a step by step of the process? I know I need to cut in proxies, but would like sound advice from one of you experts on a workflow in Premiere Pro to achive my final goal. I'm not techical, but I have a good understanding of the process. Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks! Tina

Return to posts index

Lisa BradleyRe: Workflow question
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 7:59:52 pm

Hey Tina- You're right, cutting in proxies is what you want to do. Eventually what you should do is make a clean XML of your final sequence and made trims within Red Cine X. I can post step by step directions within the next week.

Lisa Bradley
Editor/Videographer

Return to posts index

Tina MascaraRe: Workflow question
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 8:36:25 pm

Hi Lisa,
Thanks for your feedback! I have a follow up: What do I need to take it to Red X for the trims? I plan to do the color correction in Davinci Resolve. Looking forward to hear your thoughts.
best, t

Return to posts index

Lisa BradleyRe: Workflow question
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 12:35:21 am

You'll need a copy of Red Cine-X which can be found here:

https://www.red.com/downloads?category=Software&release=final

Its free!

Is your colorist going to have a copy of the raw R3D files? If so, you'll only have to send an XML and they should easily be able to relink to the R3D raw.

Lisa Bradley
Editor/Videographer

Return to posts index

Tina MascaraRe: Workflow question
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 4:40:55 pm

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Eric SantiagoRe: Workflow question
by on Apr 29, 2016 at 4:37:30 pm

[Tina Mascara] "What do I need to take it to Red X for the trims? I plan to do the color correction in Davinci Resolve"

True you dont but I make it a habit to check in REDCINEX at times.

I get projects that are not prelit so I bring it into RCX for just that.

I also check for other things (too deep to mention).

I just finished a feature and it was all cut using Proxies (Dailies) I created from RCX.
Brought it into Premiere CC for rough and exported FCP XML to Resolve/RCX for everything under the sun.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]