ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere 2015.2 9.2 is using all resources even when idle

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Hans WurstPremiere 2015.2 9.2 is using all resources even when idle
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 7:35:49 am

Hi all,
I just updated to premiere 2015.2 9.2 from 9.0 because it constantly stopped playback.
Luckily the old problem got resolved but now the program makes roar my MacBook Pro even when not playing any clips.
It's not the newest but totally capable of playing such files i have now.
My specs are: OSX 10.11.(13 have to check that) 2011 early MBP i7 and 1GB graphics card, 16GB Ram and SSD
The material I'm editing is prores proxy 2k (the original is PROres HQ) and most of the audio has 96khz 24 bit

Also before in premiere 9.0 when it was playing it was playing without any effort. That's also why I converted to prores Proxy...

Additional my MacBook Pro series has the defect that when under full pressure the battery actually goes down also when connected to the plug. You can imagine that not only the fan gets on my nerves. But that my computer almost quits working after 2 hours when the battery arrives to 5%.

Somebody with the same issue?
Best

Return to posts index

Hans WurstRe: Premiere 2015.2 9.2 is using all resources even when idle
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 2:51:44 pm

SOLUTION: was able to find the problem: just kill all the CEPHtmlEngine processes in the activity window. They come back two or three times. But then they don't even start up again. Weird but works!

Return to posts index

Trevor WardRe: Premiere 2015.2 9.2 is using all resources even when idle
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 2:54:46 pm

To me this is one of the issues with Adobe constantly updating the programs. They don't sufficiently test the program and with each release there are issues. I would suggest that Adobe go back to a yearly release schedule so they can get a better handle on quality control.

-Trevor F. Ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
http://www.MemoriesofGuantanamo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]