ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

changing multiple track sizes (audio or video) at once?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bollwegchanging multiple track sizes (audio or video) at once?
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 8:07:47 pm

Is there a way to quickly change multiple track sizes for viewing? Example- I want to increase the track size of audio channels 3,4,7, and 8 all at once.

Return to posts index

Michael BollwegRe: changing multiple track sizes (audio or video) at once?
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 1:44:02 am

a way to expand the tracks in the sequence vertically?

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: changing multiple track sizes (audio or video) at once?
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 5:31:05 pm

The only one I know of uses the SHIFT key as a modifier, but it will not precisely what you asked.

Holding the SHIFT key while hovering mouse over a video track and using the mouse scroll wheel will change the size of all video tracks. Same thing if you hover over an audio track.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Isaac HalasimaRe: changing multiple track sizes (audio or video) at once?
by on May 1, 2016 at 6:53:03 pm

I'm pretty sure there is a way to do it because I think I've done it a couple times on accident. Holding "Shift" while adjusting a Video track, does all video tracks, and adjusting audio does the same... but that's too much for me.

I like it tight and clean though, so for me I kind of have this little deal I do, which involves creating a hot key. I always have them collapsed. To expand quick, if you double click to the right of the "S" button on audio tracks or the eye on video tracks, it'll open them up to whatever predetermined size the adobe peeps decided was enough for us to see everything we need. You can change how big they pop open to in preferences.

But to close it all fast, I made a hot-key for the "Minimize All Tracks"option in the "Keyboard Layout" window. It's not a hot-key that comes with Premiere, so you come up with your own combo (I use "option+tab"). But that way I can open tracks I want quick with some double clicks, and close it down with one swipe on the keyboard. Just nice to keep it looking as clean as I possibly can as I cut.

T. Isaac Halasima
isaachalasima.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]