ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to offline/online when proxy file names don't match?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin ParragaHow to offline/online when proxy file names don't match?
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 6:11:32 pm

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this. Basically we shot everything in UHD with a Sony FS7 and a Panasonic GH4 and decided to use Adobe Media Encoder to create 1080p proxies so we can edit more easily.

Now the time has come to do the online and relink everything to the raw UHD files. The problem is when we created the proxies we gave them meaningful names such as (Location_Reel1_Day1_001) and so on but left the raw files with their native camera generated random names. Obviously since the names don't match we can't just "make offline" to then relink.

We've kept the raw file structure intact so is there a way to do a "batch capture" from the "cards" in such a way it uses the timecode instead of the file names to relink to the raw files? Should I instead rename the raw camera files to match the proxies?

Please let me know if more information is needed and thanks in advance for all your help!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: How to offline/online when proxy file names don't match?
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 4:42:44 am

If you have reel and timecode data that matches the originals and the transcodes then you should be good. If not then you'll have to do this manually. NEVER rename your proxies. Instead name the clips inside the editing software.

[Martin Parraga] "Should I instead rename the raw camera files to match the proxies?"

Depending on the format this could be even worse.

Return to posts index

Martin ParragaRe: How to offline/online when proxy file names don't match?
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 2:27:24 pm

[Tero Ahlfors] "If you have reel and timecode data that matches the originals and the transcodes then you should be good"

The reel and timecode are the same yes, but how do I go about relinking with that to the raw files? What are the steps needed to achieve this?

I'm still new to Premiere. In FCP7 I would use Log and Transfer, load the reels and it would "upres" each clip from the raw files, this would work even if the proxy files had been renamed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]