ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Seems like PP and Adobe is just getting worse

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Trevor WardSeems like PP and Adobe is just getting worse
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 5:31:49 pm

Is it me, or does PP seem to be getting worse? I understand that the idea behind creative cloud's constant updates is supposed to get us the latest and greatest software updates. However, as someone who used to work for a software company I can tell you, that all it does is reduce the quality of the software.

Here are the things that work worse than they used to, and I'm awfully sick of it.

1. When loading a project into PP, all the assets have to "load" up. Not sure why it takes 5-10 minutes to do so. It's not a giant project. But it's extremely frustrating to have to wait for the loading to begin working.
2. Dynamic linking to AE doesn't work. Whenever I open my PP project, all the AE links are broken and I get the red "Media off-line" screen. It's very frustrating that I've got to open the AE project in order to make PP see the dynamically linked video.

I could go on, but I only see my system getting slower and slower and I'm having to use more and more work arounds.

ARGGGG!

-Trevor F. Ward
Red Eye Film Co.
http://www.redeyefilmco.com
http://www.MemoriesofGuantanamo.com

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Seems like PP and Adobe is just getting worse
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 4:45:53 am

[Trevor Ward] "When loading a project into PP, all the assets have to "load" up. Not sure why it takes 5-10 minutes to do so."

System specs? Storage specs? Where is your media cache located?

[Trevor Ward] "Whenever I open my PP project, all the AE links are broken and I get the red "Media off-line" screen."

Are your AE projects on an internal or an external drive? Have you tried relinking the aep file?

Return to posts index

Trevor WardRe: Seems like PP and Adobe is just getting worse
by on Apr 28, 2016 at 2:51:51 pm

The problem I think likes with the nature of files stored in Creative Cloud. The Creative Cloud app is a system hog. This is actually a known issue by Adobe and causes real problems when Lightroom and Photoshop are open. But something in the constant syncing causes the system to completely bog down.

I keep the project on internal disks and keep the video clips/media on external disks like RAIDS or USB drives. My computer is an iMac and is only 2 years old.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]