ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Dropping 50fps footage into 25fps sequence???

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul HolbrookDropping 50fps footage into 25fps sequence???
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 12:48:40 pm

Hey...

I'm very new to editing and need some guidance if at all possible.

I am editing together a short film that was shot on the Canon C300. The final scene in the film was shot at 50fps rather than 25fps (like everything else) because it needs to be slo-mo...

I was under the impression that I would just be able to drop the 50fps clip onto the sequence and it would automatically play at half speed, or even I would just need to adjust the speed to 50%..however the sequence WILL NOT let me drag the 50fps clip onto it? I just get the NO sign when trying to drag from bin to sequence..

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Paul :)

Return to posts index

Shane RossRe: Dropping 50fps footage into 25fps sequence???
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 3:15:44 pm

Right click on the clip and choose MODIFY and then INTERPRET FOOTAGE. Then have it "assume frame rate of" and choose 25. That should make it be slow motion.

And then try the 3-point edit method. Load the clip into the SOURCE monitor by double clicking, mark IN and OUT points...and an IN point in the timeline, and cut it into the sequence...either with INSERT or OVERWRITE edit.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul HolbrookRe: Dropping 50fps footage into 25fps sequence???
by on Apr 27, 2016 at 3:19:29 pm

Thanks for the reply....that didn't work either though...however, I right clicked the clip (in the bin) and clicked 'make sequence from clip' and then it created a new sequence just with the clip and then I dragged it across to my original sequence and it let me drop it in that way...

Is that okay, or have I done a no-no?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]