ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Is there a way to take an audio track and pan everything in it Left or pan it Right?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe BagsIs there a way to take an audio track and pan everything in it Left or pan it Right?
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 12:26:55 am

I have about 15 tracks of audio for the movie. The music guys want all the dialogue playing on the left channel and then music playing on the right channel.

All my audio has been put to mono. I can easily turn the mono tracks into stereo.

The problem is, if I use the panner (to tell the audio to play on the left for example) it wants me to do it clip by clip by clip.

Is there a way to tell the entire audio track (ex: Track 1, Track 2, etc) to play on the left channel or right channel? Do I have to go into each individual audio clip and pan? That sounds excessive

Return to posts index

Chris ConleeRe: Is there a way to take an audio track and pan everything in it Left or pan it Right?
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 5:41:10 am

Anybody? I'll have to do splits soon too on a feature I'm cutting. I typically use Avid, where this sort of thing is a no-brainer and has been done for 25+ years. It startles me when I see and hear of these kinds of simple workflow hiccups.

Chris Conlee

Return to posts index

Jogen LiesendahlRe: Is there a way to take an audio track and pan everything in it Left or pan it Right?
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 5:51:55 am

Hi Chris,

use the -> Window -> Audiotrack-Mixer, not Audioclip-Mixer!

Jo

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Is there a way to take an audio track and pan everything in it Left or pan it Right?
by on Apr 25, 2016 at 4:01:19 pm

Yes...

assuming that your audio is laid out with music on separate tracks from the dialogue....

Jogen is right,

you can adjust the entire track...instead of each clip...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Trevor AsquerthianRe: Is there a way to take an audio track and pan everything in it Left or pan it Right?
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 8:27:10 pm

Like the others say, you should use the track mixer.

But you can also pan one clip left, then select all clips on the odd tracks and paste attributes - selecting only panner. Repeat for even tracks.

Return to posts index

Joe BagsRe: Is there a way to take an audio track and pan everything in it Left or pan it Right?
by on Apr 26, 2016 at 8:58:56 pm

Thank you guys!

I used the track mixer and it works perfectly. Just what I needed

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]