ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Elements versus Pro

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shannon BedfordElements versus Pro
by on Apr 21, 2016 at 1:25:03 pm

I am a Premiere Pro user. I'm about to take a 6 month contract with a company who has Adobe Premiere Elements which I've never used. I'm hoping to persuade the employer that it's worth upgrading to Premiere Pro - preferably CC.
What advantages can I tell the employer about to support my argument?
I will be doing very fast turnover instructional videos, nothing fancy.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 21, 2016 at 2:45:16 pm

Hi....

The best argument you could make is that PPro is rapidly becoming a standard, which means more people know it.

It probably has better format support than Elements for both input and export so depending on all the places footage is coming from, and all the places you want the work to go, it may be a more robust choice.

Are there any examples of their current work you can share?

Seeing what they do might be helpful.

Knowing that you can better teak colors quickly and precisely (lumetri) to make the final result better (let's say, make the sky bluer) could be a good practical example.

The hard part for them will be that it's a ongoing cost as opposed to the one time purchase they already made.

hth,

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Gary MilliganRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 21, 2016 at 5:00:05 pm

To add to what Alex has said... you'll also have much better audio post-production capabilities.

Good luck!

Gary

Return to posts index

Shannon BedfordRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 12:58:32 am

Thanks Alex your points about format support and more people knowing it are good ones that might help sway the argument.

Other aspects like quality aren't so relevant since it's internal instructional video. But, at a later date they may become relevant.

I think the ongoing cost will be worth it given that it's a huge company.

Return to posts index

Tom BlizzardRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 22, 2016 at 11:40:20 am

I started with Elements many years ago and used it for over 5 years before I upgraded to CS4 and then CS6. It really depends on what you will be producing. If there is not a need for the MultiCamEdit feature and extensive audio correction, Elements will probably do the job for you. Any chance you could try out one video first and see how it goes with Elements ?

Return to posts index

Shannon BedfordRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 1:01:25 am

No need for any of those features, it's just internal company training videos so the quality isn't a big consideration.
I'd be interested to know how limited you are in titles and title animations. I imagine I will need to do a lot of title screens. They wouldn't have to be fancy but it's nice to be able to do a bit extra to keep people's attention.

Return to posts index

Tom BlizzardRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 8:25:07 pm

Golly, know what, I can't remember if elements had key frames or not. You might need those to do what you want for titles. Do you have any third party flares? Those would help. It has been so many years. Sorry I can't be more helpful.Sure wish you could try it. Would you consider going over to the Elements forum and ask? Maybe the Adobe forum. They were always real helpful

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 10:11:27 pm

Elements is consumer level and very limited compared to PPro.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

Ann BensRe: Elements versus Pro
by on Apr 23, 2016 at 10:14:04 pm

I could not edit a simple video without getting very frustrated in no time.

-----------------------------------------------
Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CS6/CC
Adobe Community Professional

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]