MacPro upgrade for AdobeCC - Need advice
Hello ! I've come sometime to read on the forum, but i've just made a account. So i'm pretty fresh new here! Sorry that my first post is for asking for help. Before beginning, I just want to say sorry for my english, I'm french. I come here because each time a go to a computer store, nobody can help me. It seem that shop are reticent with upgrading a mac.
Here's the situation. I've a MacPro 5,1 mid 2010 which I give a little boost year by year. I'm a filmmaker and my project keep going bigger and bigger in the past 5 years. I'm on Adobe CC and I begging to feel the pressure of the 4K. My last project was a music video shot on a sony fs7 and after noise reduction, grading and stuff, its begging to be slower and slower and render took forever. Here's the specs :
- 2x 2,4 GHz QuadCore Intel Xeon (stock)
- 22gig (2x 8gig 1066MHz DDR3 ECC (buy from OCW), 6x 1gig 1066MHz DDR3 ECC (stock))
- GeForce GTX 680 2gig (buy from OCW)
- 1x HDD Seagate Barracuda
- 1x HDD WD Caviar Black
- 1x SSD 2.5 Intel 250Serie 240gig
- 1x SSD 3.5 OCZ Vertex2
I usually run all my program and OSX on the SSD. My media are on the HDD. In fact, I've search a lot and I don't know wich upgrade should I do and how to setup my thing to get faster render and export.
- Should I upgrade de CPU to 2x Intel X5680 or X5690 @ 3.33?
- Do a upgrade will worth it and how much RAM should I put?
- Also I'm not sure why, but I've heard that if I do the CPU upgrade, I'll have to change all my ram to 1333MHz ?
- I think this is my main problem. I see that I should get a boot drive, a scratch drive, a media drive and a export drive, is that true ?
- Do a PCIe with SSD will help? I saw the OCW solution Mercury Accelsior E2 480gig (about 400$). Not sur if I should build one by myself. I read some article but i'm little confuse about the solution I have. I saw some card with 2 little SSD on and some with just 1 2.5 SSD. I've think about put 2 SSD in pcie in RAID 0 as the media drive, the 2.5 Intel 250Serie 240gig as the booth drive and buy another as a booth and export.
- With all the SSD and HDD I have, can't believe I can find a way to be more efficient. I'm not really familiar with RAID but not afraid of this, someone have a idea of the setup I can make? I've also read that I should just dump my OCZ Vertex because they're will break soon.
I know its a lot but I'll appreciate if someone can take the time to help me. Thanks a lot! :)
p.s : I Put a screenshot of my Monitor while I was rendering. I don't really know what conclusion I should make.