ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

PPro creating all these extra files suddenly

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Duke SwedenPPro creating all these extra files suddenly
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 8:15:27 pm

Why is Premiere Pro suddenly creating .cfa and .pek files all over the place? I checked some old projects and that didn't happen before. Now a directory that should have a .prpoj file, my video clips and sound effects has like 15 CFA and PEK files which makes for a mess. Does anybody know what the deal is? Can they be deleted even before a project is done?

Return to posts index

Jon DoughtieRe: PPro creating all these extra files suddenly
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 8:46:02 pm

These files are related to your audio clips. Premiere Pro routinely creates them to provide the visual of the waveform on the timeline, amongst other things.

If you delete them, Premiere Pro will re-create them next time you run the project. Once a project is done, you can delete them prior to backing up the project if you want. They sometimes end up in the same folder as the original media, or sometimes in the Project folder. Thay can also be found sometimes with the cache files.

System:
Dell Precision T7600 (x2)
Win 7 64-bit
32GB RAM
Adobe CC 2014 (as of 7/2015)
256GB SSD system drive
4 internal media drives RAID 5
Typically cutting short form from HD MP4 and P2 MXF.

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: PPro creating all these extra files suddenly
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 9:44:01 pm

Oh, ok! I only recently started expanding the audio tracks to label them and adjust volume levels. That explains why I never had those files before. Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]