ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

"automatic" white balance correction with a fixed white spot in frame

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerry Michaels"automatic" white balance correction with a fixed white spot in frame
by on Apr 19, 2016 at 12:21:22 pm

I have a video that was shot with the camera on a tripod under natural light. The weather conditions were very unstable during the filming, with the sun being covered by clouds and then shining again every several minutes, so my footage has a constantly changing color because of this. Now on this footage I have a white wall, a region of which is visible all the time, and which I would like to use for white balance correction. I could to this manually, with the eye-dropper from the fast color corrector and keyframing the white balance every second or so, but I was wondering if there is a trick to do this automatically.
I saw some tricks in the past that achieved automatically apparently inconceivable things using blending modes and opacity, so maybe this is a similar case?

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: "automatic" white balance correction with a fixed white spot in frame
by on Apr 19, 2016 at 1:24:02 pm

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/3/976106

With this template, make a mask, precomp it and replace as footage. It will wb per frame automatically.

Return to posts index

Jerry MichaelsRe: "automatic" white balance correction with a fixed white spot in frame
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 10:00:24 pm

Thanks, but is there any way to do this without involving AE? I'm only working in PPro with video, don't even have AE installed.

Return to posts index

Chris WrightRe: "automatic" white balance correction with a fixed white spot in frame
by on Apr 21, 2016 at 4:16:51 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Apr 21, 2016 at 4:22:43 am

i don't think this will work, unless you can get the tint effect to keep picking a black color. Anyone else have an idea how to sneak around no scripting?

http://www.provideocoalition.com/free-video-quick-easy-white-balance-adjust...

Return to posts index

by on Apr 21, 2016 at 5:01:28 am
Last Edited By Chris Wright on Apr 23, 2016 at 7:28:58 pm

ok, this is going to sound a little wild, but it seems to work..somewhat

1. duplicate footage on top
2. crop to just the white square
3. add tranform effect scale/stretch to fill whole comp size
4. set stretched layer on top as divide.
5. fast blur
6. fast color corrector, output black/white on original layer dragged down to compensate for divide of white brightness

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]