ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Really WEIRD video glitch with Blur...

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michele PoggiReally WEIRD video glitch with Blur...
by on Apr 16, 2016 at 3:46:52 pm

Whenever I try (with any project, even after restarts) to use on my project and any layer/file a Gaussian or Fast Blur for example...

This happens:

It change at every value, becoming completely random and gross, unreasonably so. It ONLY happens with HORIZONTAL or "both" blurs. Not with the Vertical one.

I honestly don't know where to look for a solution with this.

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Mail: snm.poggi@gmail.com
Mobile: +39 3349129191

Return to posts index

Michele PoggiRe: Really WEIRD video glitch with Blur...
by on Apr 16, 2016 at 8:05:50 pm

Sadly no answer up until now, so it means it actually IS something rare or new.

I tried everything and I DID find something: the GPU Acceleration (Open CL) is the cause of this, but I'm wondering if there is any way to keep that advantage without destroying my chance to blur layers.

"Freelance Post-Producer"

Editor Video
Graphic Designer
Digital Compositor

Mail: snm.poggi@gmail.com
Mobile: +39 3349129191

Return to posts index

Duke SwedenRe: Really WEIRD video glitch with Blur...
by on Apr 17, 2016 at 2:53:22 pm

Hi Michele, I don't know if this could be the problem, but I've read other posts where having two clips one above the other in the timeline will cause problems with certain effects/plugins. I see in the picture that is the case here. Have you maybe tried turning off the upper video track to see if the problem goes away?

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: Really WEIRD video glitch with Blur...
by on Apr 17, 2016 at 4:01:01 pm

[Michele Poggi] "Sadly no answer up until now, so it means it actually IS something rare or new.
"

Can we start with you telling the computer specs, footage formats, timeline/preview file settings?

[Michele Poggi] "I tried everything and I DID find something: the GPU Acceleration (Open CL) is the cause of this, but I'm wondering if there is any way to keep that advantage without destroying my chance to blur layers.
"

There's a chance your GPU isn't officially supported.

Return to posts index

Jerry MichaelsRe: Really WEIRD video glitch with Blur...
by on Apr 18, 2016 at 10:28:53 am
Last Edited By Jerry Michaels on Apr 18, 2016 at 11:23:12 am

Do you happen to have an AMD graphics card? I have the same problem, and I have an AMD R9 380 card in my system, which is not on Adobe's supported GPU list, but is practically identical to R9 285, which is on the list. Anyway, Adobe is well known for both updating this list much too late and being not very friendly with AMD/OpenCL but favoring CUDA instead (although I don't know if CUDA gets any speed advantage, have never had the chance to test and found no comparisons on the web either).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]