ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

.wav export settings question

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Sudkamp.wav export settings question
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:45:37 pm

Hi all, and thanks in advance.

I have a client who needs a .wav audio file as final delivery for a project we are working on. I exported a .wav from Premiere Pro CC on a Mac with the default "WAV 48 kHz 16-bit" preset and the client came back and said that their system did not accept it.

The client gave me the below specifications:

.wav with 16-bit_wide-band/pcm_format

I'll admit I don't know audio that well (hence the reason I am using Premiere to edit it) so I'm not sure what the problem is. Based on my quick reading of narrow- vs wide-band and PCM audio, the file Premiere is spitting out should be meeting these specs. Is this an issue on my end or their end?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Dan SudkampRe: .wav export settings question
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 1:11:33 pm

Hello? Is this thing on?

Return to posts index

Jeff PuleraRe: .wav export settings question
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 2:33:41 pm

Hi Dan,

I've been working with .wav files on the PC for 20 years and have never heard of the wide/narrow band business...it's just a .wav file.

Don't know if it makes any difference that a Mac was used to encode? I understand that like .avi files, Mac is not partial to .wav files and perhaps likes .aac better (not a Mac user).

I'd be curious as to what "system" your client is using that won't accept your .wav file, or why they can't run it through some audio program and transcode to what they do like.

Thanks

Jeff Pulera
Safe Harbor Computers

Return to posts index

Dan SudkampRe: .wav export settings question
by on Apr 20, 2016 at 3:11:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback, Jeff. Unfortunately there are several middlemen between me and whoever is handling the audio engineering on their end so I can't get the answers to those questions. I've never had a client have problems with .wav files I've sent before, so I'm not sure what's different here. The client is a company that is based in Europe, but I don't think that's a factor here because it's their North American division that is using the file I'm sending. Stumped.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]