ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

How to create two synced video pieces to be played on separate screens?

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adi headHow to create two synced video pieces to be played on separate screens?
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:29:14 pm

Hi. I want to edit two video pieces that will ultimately be screened simultaneously — each on a separate screen — however, they are timed and should be in sync with one another.
How is it possible to go about doing this? Can I do this with Adobe Premiere?

And, how would I go about playing this type of video? Is it possible to create one file with two channels of video where one goes to one monitor and the other channel goes to a 2nd monitor, or something like that?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Tero AhlforsRe: How to create two synced video pieces to be played on separate screens?
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:42:13 pm

[adi head] "And, how would I go about playing this type of video?"

It really depends on the hardware/software solution that's running the thing. Usually you have different files exported for different screens and the player will play them in sync on their respective projectors/monitors/whatever.

Return to posts index

adi headRe: How to create two synced video pieces to be played on separate screens?
by on Apr 15, 2016 at 5:48:31 pm

@Tero
Thanks for the reply!
So what I'm understanding is —
1. Edit each on a different track in Premiere
2. Then render each of them as separate files
3. Find a certain type of player that is able to play two files simultaneously in sync to two different monitors

Correct?

Regarding the playback of the files, I don't have any hard/software at the moment. This will be a video piece in an art exhibition. I'm assuming I'll be able to request whatever hardware or software is necessary, as long as it fits our budget.

Return to posts index

Pierpaolo FerlainoRe: How to create two synced video pieces to be played on separate screens?
by on Apr 16, 2016 at 4:46:46 pm

I often edited videos for synced screens and I have different approaches depending on the project but I either use a single timeline and edit each screen on a separate track (then I render each of them in a separate file) or I use stacked timelines (or so called "pancake timelines")

The playback system really depends on the budget and the goal of your projections... There are a lot of software and hardware solutions out there...

Just note, for you exports, that multi screen syncing usually works better with CBR encoded files rather than VBR...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]