ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Creative Cloud Debate

Premiere "not responding" only in ONE sequence and only when I click media file.

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jim galerPremiere "not responding" only in ONE sequence and only when I click media file.
by on Apr 13, 2016 at 10:41:17 pm

So this is strange, I've been working on a project for about a week and I have a bunch of different sequences in it (about 8 comps) - everything was working fine while editing.

*Note: I tried this SAME project on a different computer, and it happens on BOTH of them. So I don't think this is a hardware thing.

Yesterday, I noticed that when I went into one of the sequences, I could scrub the playhead around, play the comp all fine, but I want to change some of the effects in it and when I press ANY clip on the timeline (be it a camera clip, or even a premiere generated portion like "Black Video) the program immediately becomes "not responding" and the only way to exit is via task manager or to wait and sometimes it will semi-resume.

The weird thing is that while it is "frozen" - it remains using a good portion of my cpu (34%) and ram (1.5GB) as if it is processing something. If I wait a few minutes (sometimes much longer) it may eventually "resume responding" as normal with the clip I clicked now selected and I can scrub the playhead again, but if I attempt to click the effects tab, or click another clip, it goes back into this state of non-responsiveness but the task manager still working.

Another strange thing is that if I Duplicate this sequence, I can edit the files fine with no freezing. This would work, but the sequence in question was the base sequence for a multicam setup and I have already done a full hour of video of multicam edits in a nested sequence. So duplicating the original would make me do all of those multicam edits over again (unless there is some way around this)?

This is the only one out of eight sequences this is happening in and wasn't always happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]