ADOBE PREMIERE PRO: Tutorials Forum Articles Podcasts Basics Forum Creative Cloud Debate

Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start

COW Forums : Adobe Premiere Pro

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan McAdamScripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start
by on Apr 13, 2016 at 6:47:42 pm

I've been writing automation scripts in After Effects for a while now and am familiar with the process and documentation.

I'd like to write some similar scripts for Premiere CC(2015) ,but finding any material on the topic has proven difficult. I did find Premiere's Plug-in and pannel SDKs from the adobe developer site.

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/premiere.html

Didn't really help with the whole getting started process.

Does anyone know of a good guide or tutorial on getting up and running with scripting for Premiere Pro CC(2015)?

Thanks,
Ryan

Return to posts index

Herb SevushRe: Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start
by on Apr 14, 2016 at 12:58:00 pm

[Ryan McAdam] "I've been writing automation scripts in After Effects for a while now and am familiar with the process and documentation."

Ppro doesn't have any "scripting" abilities - you can make third party plug-ins, which is something I know nothing about, but there is no scripting automation similar to what you have in AE.

Herb Sevush
Zebra Productions
---------------------------
nothin' attached to nothin'
"Deciding the spine is the process of editing" F. Bieberkopf

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start
by on Apr 14, 2016 at 3:00:31 pm

Hi....

What kinds of things are you thinking about automating?

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

Ryan McAdamRe: Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start
by on Apr 14, 2016 at 4:17:51 pm

I was hoping to set up a project system for my team. Currently when a team member needs to link to an asset in a project, they need to navigate the folder structure in Dropbox. That sounds simple enough, but our folder structure gets very complicated with different assets and versions, naming conventions and file types. Team members also tend get into the project folders and create sub folders they shouldn't or move/rename things they shouldn't move or rename.

I'm writing a set of tools for after effects that manages all this stuff in the background so team members can access everything they need without wasting time navigating the project files or messing with anything in the project folder.

I'd like to create a similar system for premiere so my video editor can click a button and bring in the most updated file versions without having to go looking for them.

Premiere has a panels sdk (different from the plug-in sdk) that may do the trick but it seems more complex then AE's scripting language and not well documented.

Any thoughts you have on the topic would be great. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Ryan McAdamRe: Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start
by on Apr 14, 2016 at 4:18:34 pm

I was hoping to set up a project system for my team. Currently when a team member needs to link to an asset in a project, they need to navigate the folder structure in Dropbox. That sounds simple enough, but our folder structure gets very complicated with different assets and versions, naming conventions and file types. Team members also tend get into the project folders and create sub folders they shouldn't or move/rename things they shouldn't move or rename.

I'm writing a set of tools for after effects that manages all this stuff in the background so team members can access everything they need without wasting time navigating the project files or messing with anything in the project folder.

I'd like to create a similar system for premiere so my video editor can click a button and bring in the most updated file versions without having to go looking for them.

Premiere has a panels sdk (different from the plug-in sdk) that may do the trick but it seems more complex then AE's scripting language and not well documented.

Any thoughts you have on the topic would be great. Thank you.

Return to posts index

Alex UdellRe: Scripting in Premiere Pro - Where to start
by on Apr 14, 2016 at 6:36:44 pm

Hey Ryan....

unfortunately I don't have any insight to the scripting in Ppro...

and I looked a while ago as well....lack of documentation may be intentional at this point....as it might not be as mature as what you'd find in AE.

but if you are looking for a project system take a look at this:

https://frame.io/premiere

may be of some help....and you might not need to code at all...

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX
Let's Connect on Linkedin
Examples: Retail Automotive Motion Graphics Spots
Example: Customer Facing Explainer Video
Example: Infotainment & Package editorial

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]